Plane not visible on VFR map during bush flights

My plane is always visible in the VFR map when I follow a flight plan

Not so when flying a bush trip whether it is a stock,or a downloaded bush trip

Any idea on how to correct this?

Jean-Louis

J-Louis Belard, 6 miles SW of KGAI

Dell XPS,8930, I-7 9700, 32GB DD4,

512 SSD, 2TB HD, 6GB GeForce GTX 1660

Is the IFR button in the bottom right corner switched on? This is for tracking your plane in IFR mode.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

it is deliberate for the Bush Trips. The challenge is to do your own navigation. From the Nav Log notes and any other sources of information. Note that the in-plane instruments still work. In the Cessna you have the G1000. In the Xcub you have the other Garmin dash, not sure of the model number. In the Savage Cub it has a totally retro cockpit, nothing but the basic gauges, no digital tools at all.

I am currently working thru the California-Nevada trip with the Savage. It is a challenge but most of the routes are actually pretty easy. The one problem is that a couple of the landing are dirt strips that are almost invisible on the ground terrain (the aids like the airport pins are turned off).

I flew the Balkans bush trip that ends in Santorini. This is in the Cessna 172 with the Garmin. That might be a good place to start, with a basic airplane and a digital instrument package. The spirit of the mission is to fly the routes past the points in the Nav log, but the only requirement is to find and land safely at the designated airport.

Pat

Just to add to this, some newer bushe trips feature the DA40NG, which also uses the G1000. In that plane, as in the Cessna, you can use the displays to orient yourself with the flightplan.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

• 6 months later...

You are quite right in your message. The Nevada/California bush trip from Breckenridge is a challenge in two ways - firstly navigation where some of the written clues deliberately confuse, and some of the photographs are misleading (airstrips). The important element is to time the legs religiously - it pays to have a second stopwatch. Remember that the timings appear to be theoretical, and climbing legs are slower, so more time is needed. If you take too much time, in the earlier legs, then the last legs will be in the dark and impossible, so you need to minimise your time to leave daylight at the end of the challenge.

Tip - when the route shows on the map, then you have made no penalty, but if it is not you'll have to go back and re-do some legs. It seems that a bad landing, aircraft stress situation will stop you from getting the badge.

Remember to refuel (I set up a shortcut for 'repair and refuel' from the Control Menu) Flying the old biplane will improve your skills.

The last leg from Lee Vining to Mariposa (024 to KMPI) is absolutely stunning