The crazy logbook

Enid, Oklahoma is the home of Vance AFB.

They train young men to be pilots.

I have lived in Enid all my life.(sort of).

I have spent a hell of a long time watching those young men do touch and goes. I know their landing patterns by the back of my hand.

I even have some great flying stories out of Vance, for another time.

Ringwood airport is just 3 or 4 miles east of Vance. The pilots do a lot of touch and goes at the Base and a lot of the time they will include Ringwood in their training.

I also do a lot of touch and goes at those two places.

Now that I am running FS 20 I noticed something strange with the logbook.

One I day I did about 8 or 10 touch and goes at Vance and it was the first time I got around at looking at my logbook. There is a column for Take offs and one for landing. I got credit for only 1 landing. I know for a fact I did a bunch more than that.

After thinking about it I decided a change in tactics was in order.

This time I would take off from Vance and go to Ringwood and do a touch and go there and fly back to Vance and do a touch there and repeat the cycle for a few times. I made 3 complete circles and this time I got credit for 6 landings.

The point is the fact that there is a column there that says Number of landings. It doesn't ask where the landings took place.

I have over 500 hours in a 172 back in the 80's and I can't recall how I treated touch and goes. (my X has my logbook locked up somewhere)

If you are going to log the number of landings then lets be accurate.

Other wise forget it.

There is something going on with the column Number of Take Offs but I haven't given it much thought.

VFRguy

For a landing to be recorded in MSFS you MUST:

1.) Select a Departure airport/airfield and an Arrival airport/airfield (can be be the same airport/airfield) on the World Map screen.

2.) Take of from, and land at, the selected departure and arrival airports/airfields.

3.) Request a gate/parking from ATC at the arrival airport/airfield and park at that designated spot.

4.) Press Ctrl+Shift+E to shut down the engine(s), then Alt+B to switch off the battery.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

For a landing to be recorded in MSFS you MUST:

1.) Select a Departure airport/airfield and an Arrival airport/airfield (can be be the same airport/airfield) on the World Map screen.

2.) Take off from, and land at, the selected departure and arrival airports/airfields.

3.) Request a gate/parking from ATC at the arrival airport/airfield and park at that designated spot.

4.) Press Ctrl+Shift+E to shut down the engine(s), then Alt+B to switch off the battery.

LOL!!! Ridiculous!!! OP has a major point.

DCS does this better, not perfect, but way better. [emoji4]

ROTFLMAO

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

And here I thought the only thing I had to do was to get the airplane down to the ground without killing myself.

I think I will try to find some guy from Mars and have him teleport me back to the barnstorming days.

What is frustrating is when a large commercial airport has no gates, but only GA parking. (LKTB) You land and contact ground but there are no options to go to a gate. LKTB is the second busiest commercial airport in the Czech Republic.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I was setting and thinking about my old log book. I think no one really kept track of the number of landings one might have made except in the remarks section. Like "I made 6 touch and goes today" or " I touch down at 4 airports today". No one kept a running tally.

I still say that a landing is a landing and even God can't change that. So If you are going to keep track of them, count them all.