Introducing myself.

Hi folks;

I am brand new to the flight sim experience (world). Just picked up FS2020, and my wife has bought me the Logitech Yoke and Throttle Package for my birthday next week! I am really excited and pleased to become a member of this fabulous community. Looking forward to sharing experiences with you all!

Cheers,

J.C.

Welcome to the best Flight Simulator site on the internet. And welcome to the most addicting hobby we all enjoy (well, most of us anyway).

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

Welcome to the forum & to this fantastic flight sim!

Hope you have many enjoyable hours :)

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hi folks;

I am brand new to the flight sim experience (world). Just picked up FS2020, and my wife has bought me the Logitech Yoke and Throttle Package for my birthday next week! I am really excited and pleased to become a member of this fabulous community. Looking forward to sharing experiences with you all!

Cheers,

J.C.

Have you seen the 3 new dresses and matching shoes in your wife's wardrobe yet ?

Hi folks;

Cheers,

J.C.

Awesome, welcome to the world of flight simulation. This is the place where I have learned a lot about aviation, as this is the place where it all started for me. If you have any questions or need any help regarding aviation, there are many knowledgeable folks here to help, as they have helped me.

And wife bought you flightsim gear!!!! Wow, I have to do my flightsimming in secret when my wife is not home. She hates airplanes.

Lucky Man

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the hobby! In addition to flying aircraft, the new simulator has stunning scenery which allows you to visit places you will never be able to see in real life. Visit the volcanos of Southern Chile or the remote islands of the Pacific. You can fly into Belarus or North Korea or see the heart of Africa. Have fun!
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

You are in for a wonderful experience, but it will take patience -- a lot of it -- to gain familiarity with the program and to develop your flying skills over time. MSFS is considerably more challenging to use than other flight sim programs, but in my opinion delivers much more realism and feeling of immersion approaching real flight. Take it slowly, and get the feel of flying small planes such as the Cubs before you even think about driving the heavier stuff. To repeat: patience is the watchword. Welcome to the club!

Welcome! This is a fun game, and in terms of the simulation it can be as realistic as you want it to be. I am both an aviation lover and a geography lover, so the realism of the visual scenery has me totally hooked.
Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.