Is it just us guys here?

Well that was an excuse to advertise

Uh... I'm a customer of a product who enjoys the product so I'm just explaining why I like it. Isn't that what you do every day on this forum, and in fact, isn't that the entire function of this entire forum from top to bottom?

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

When have I posted about a product I like? Maybe the screenshot forum in Meigs - but I don't post here EVERY DAY......please contain your falsehoods about me. Thanks.

The function is for purposeful discussion of people that have issues to solve them, ask questions about the program, get answers....that's the function of the forum. Your post was really like an advertisement, so that's why I thought it was a push for the product.

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

The function is for purposeful discussion of people that have issues to solve them, ask questions about the program, get answers....that's the function of the forum. Your post was really like an advertisement, so that's why I thought it was a push for the product.

And some of those questions are about product recommendations, and some answers and discussions are about products people like using and want to recommend to others. I don't see an issue with an enthusiastic user recommending something. If you really don't think a post is appropriate, hit the report button so Nels and mods can take a look.

Well, my wife and I named our baby girl Amelia. Not a coincidence. She's only 15 months currently, so give her a few years to catch up with us lot. I'll do my best to indoctrina...ahem...educate her.

I plan on taking her to her first airshow as soon...but they're still getting cancelled.

Ryzen 5 3600X, 16 GB 3733 MTs RAM, Radeon RX5700 OC, 2560 x 1080 Ultrawide

And some of those questions are about product recommendations, and some answers and discussions are about products people like using and want to recommend to others. I don't see an issue with an enthusiastic user recommending something. If you really don't think a post is appropriate, hit the report button so Nels and mods can take a look.

I did put up a suggestion asking MODERATORS for their attention to it in the forum a few days ago, perhaps almost three or four days, about what to include in asking for help with the new sim...not one response....

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

When have I posted about a product I like? Maybe the screenshot forum in Meigs - but I don't post here EVERY DAY......please contain your falsehoods about me. Thanks.

This forum is for free discussion of for-profit software products and games that people enjoy. I didn't "advertise" anything because I am the same thing as you are: a customer of things I bought. If you don't like a particular product, game, scenery, airplane, yoke, or whatever, go ahead and criticize it for reasons that presumably will make sense to other users. But your accusing me of engaging in "advertising" for PilotEdge is bizarre and weird.

Intel Core i7 10700KF (8-Core 5.1GHz Turbo Boost), RTX 3070 8GB, 32GB Dual Channel at 3200MHz, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD. Monitor: Samsung C49RG9x. VR: Oculus Quest 2.

Thanks Neil. I'm familiar with PilotEdge through the YouTube tutorial I referenced way back whenever. I might try it someday. I can see that it would be very useful for you, since you're taking RL flight lessons, but I'm not ready for it yet. I fear I would just embarrass myself. I'm still figuring out how to use the G3000 in the Daher TBM, my go-to aircraft of late. Today I flew IFR from Watsonville to San Jose, with an ILS approach to RWY 30L there. Then I set up a flight plan from KSJC to KSMF (Sacramento Intl.), with an ILS approach to RWY 35L at KSMF using the TBM's G3000 MFD. However, I couldn't figure out how to request an IFR flight plan in the G3000 and so flew VFR. Without instructions from ATC, I failed to reduce my altitude soon enough and wound up too high at the waypoint intersecting the glideslope. Even with the autopilot's APR activated I could see I wouldn't make the runway on autopilot. So I disengaged the AP and tried to force the landing, which was pretty messy. To make up for that, I taxied back to the runway and took off again, intending to fly a landing pattern for 35L again. But the tower told me to go "left base" to land in the opposite direction--on RWY 17R. Which I did, after flying sufficiently far enough out to turn back to the runway I'd just left. I then hand-flew a very satisfying touchdown and called it an afternoon. I'm getting the hang of the sim, but I am not ready for PilotEdge's near reality.

I wouldn't say you should feel very intimidated. The step by step CAT system that you can sign up for really goes in baby steps. At first, you're literally talking to no one who can hear you, because they just show you how to talk on a CTAF frequency, which is an untowered airport with no ATC. Only after you feel comfortable basically talking to yourself--but using the right sequence of words--would you choose to voluntarily move to the next stage.

Vatsim also looks really cool to me because, although its ATC controllers may not be as perfect and highly trained, its scope is all over the world. Either way, the reason I thought of you is because the exhilaration level of flying flights is ten times higher when you've got "real" ATC folks talking to you, other pilots on the frequency, and "real" ATIS messages coming in from nearby airports. Give it a shot some time. And shoot me an email if you want me to walk you through any of the beginner steps.

Women in aviation are analogous to men in nursing profession as Registered Nurse. Working in a hospital I have known and worked with some awesome male nurses who are great at what they do. They too face many challenges working in a majority female dominated profession.

Fact still remains, however, women won't be flocking to aviation as men, and men won't be flocking to the nursing profession as women.

Whether man or woman, if you have the drive and passion for any subject, then just do it.

Edited by BushPilot

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014

This forum is for free discussion of for-profit software products and games that people enjoy. I didn't "advertise" anything because I am the same thing as you are: a customer of things I bought. If you don't like a particular product, game, scenery, airplane, yoke, or whatever, go ahead and criticize it for reasons that presumably will make sense to other users. But your accusing me of engaging in "advertising" for PilotEdge is bizarre and weird.[/Quote]

Then let me think what I want about what you post f it’s for free discussion like you claim that’s what the forum is for. Not going back and forth with you on this now on the second day too. It wasn’t. Even related to the OP’s topic....so don’t you see why it was perceived that way? No I guess not and we’ll I think that’s a little weird since you feel you can discuss freely but I can’t view a post that’s off topic the way I see it....like I said don’t bother answering because I’m not going back and forth with you on this all day. I have more important things to do

Edited by JohnnyJohnJohn

Hi - my name is Randy - I'm 72, heterosexual, retired, overweight and under-loved. Looking for a good woman who owns an GA airplane to share my life and my life-long passion for aviation..... please send picture of airplane.

:cool:

I just knew from this post it was bound to raise some hackles out there...

The 10% of females at my club have proven themselves to be more than a match for male pilots, every single on of 'em.

Some of the WORST pilots I have seen/experienced - FIRST-HAND - have been men... I just asked the female pilots who they prefer flying with and they ALL said other `women`...

This discussion is ended as far as I'm concerned - but I'm just a man, so what do I know? Anyone care to name some female operatives who have a different view?

The 10% of females at my club have proven themselves to be more than a match for male pilots, every single on of 'em.

Some of the WORST pilots I have seen/experienced - FIRST-HAND - have been men... I just asked the female pilots who they prefer flying with and they ALL said other `women`...

LOL that is funny! Your profile name indicates you are a male. So we can all safely assume you are the worst pilot in your flying club. I bet none of the females want to fly with you as well. LOL

Started: Flight Simulator 98 (Year 1999)

Private Pilot Certificate ASEL: August 7th 2014