Second Leg of the Baron East Coast Trip

engine70

After spending some time in the Outer Banks it was time to continue our trip south to warmer weather. Today's trip takes us from First Flight Airport in Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina to Northeast Florida Regional Airport in St. Augustine. The weather was perfect for the entire flight, and coupled with cruising at only 4,000' to avoid the strong headwinds above, we enjoyed a great view during our trip. Here we go!

FFA_1.jpg

Lined up on runway 3 and ready to blast off for our 2h45m flight

FFA_2.jpg

It didn't take us long to get to 4,000', so now it's time to set the autopilot and enjoy the views

FFA_3.jpg

Passing Wilmington, North Carolina

FFA_4.jpg

Approaching North Myrtle Beach

FFA_5.jpg

Myrtle Beach Airport off our left wing

FFA_6.jpg

Historic Charleston, South Carolina

FFA_7.jpg

Turning south over one of the many golf courses on Hilton Head Island

FFA_8.jpg

After 2.5 hours of flying we're making our turn towards the east coast of Florida

FFA_9.jpg

After cruising over the Atlantic for a while, it's nice to be back over firm ground

FFA_10.jpg

Airport in sight, we're fully configured for landing and our passengers are ready to get out and stretch their legs

FFA_11.jpg

Short final over US Route 1 just a few seconds away from greasing the landing, which was much needed for our confidence after the rather rough landing on the last leg. Welcome to St. Augustine!

That's all for now. Thanks for viewing!

Ryzen 5 3600X | RTX 2060 | 32 GB 3200 G.Skill RAM | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 SSD

Thanks guys!

Nice set again Chris! Did you know that even all the scenery around has all those individual grass blades? Yup, I tried landing on a golf course in my CriCri!

LOL, I have not tried landing on a golf course yet, I'm still trying to perfect my concrete runway landings!

Ryzen 5 3600X | RTX 2060 | 32 GB 3200 G.Skill RAM | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 SSD

Nice series! Enjoy historic St Augustine. They have a lot of history, great tours and good food! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]