Taking a Polar Bear to Orlando

engine70

If you've seen any of my posts it's pretty obvious I'm a big fan of MSFS, but one thing that drives me crazy is the inaccurate live weather. I do have REX which tends to be a bit better, but for whatever reason today the weather wasn't injecting properly so I was stuck with MSFS weather. The conditions in Denver in real world was snow and very low visibility, but you'll see the weather engine didn't exactly agree. Our arrival worked out to our benefit though as the weather there was supposed to be VFR, but we wound up battling some fun storms, so it all evened out in the end. Frontier Flight 680 from Denver to Orlando, let's go!

DENMCO1.jpg

Our passengers looking through the iced up window at the icy aircraft. The weather would be drastically different by the time we loaded up and got to the runway

DENMCO2.jpg

Weather starting to improve as we taxi out to 35L

DENMCO3.jpg

This is how MSFS interpreted 3/4 mile visibility in snow, frustrating

DENMCO4.jpg

Lots of cloud cover today so not much to see from FL350

DENMCO5.jpg

Fast forward three hours and Blanco the Polar Bear is in his element as we descend through icing conditions into Orlando

DENMCO6.jpg

Emerging from that top layer and getting a look at some of the storm clouds that may impact our arrival down the line

DENMCO7.jpg

Making the final turn on the PIGLT 6 arrival and realizing we're probably on a collision course with that storm ahead

DENMCO8.jpg

The passengers are starting to get a glimpse of what awaits us before we touchdown in the most magical place on earth

DENMCO9.jpg

We battled some bumps and downpours, but we're now established on the ILS for 36R and it looks like that last downpour will be just off to our left

DENMCO10.jpg

We emerged from the rough weather about two miles from the runway. Now we just have to deal with this tailwind! (real world winds were 340/7) Did I mention MSFS live weather isn't accurate?

DENMCO11.jpg

After nearly 3.5 hours we've arrived at the gate. I have a feeling the passengers aren't disappointed this flight is over!

That's all for now. thanks for viewing!

Ryzen 5 3600X | RTX 2060 | 32 GB 3200 G.Skill RAM | 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe M.2 SSD

Besides your weather issues, it looks like a great flight! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks David and Larry!

A spectacular and very enjoyable series Chris and I agree 100% about the FS2020 live weather importing. Sometimes it's right on the money and just as often it's completely out to lunch!

Out to lunch is a perfect way to describe it! I will say it's been more accurate recently, but this flight was a disappointment considering how much I was looking forward to a snowy departure.

Thanks, James!

Nice shots! You need REX Weatherforce for your weather! So much more accurate, Metar Data read for the sources!

I have REX but that flight was the first time I experienced any issues with it. It would load the snow ground textures, but it was still blue skies. I flew again yesterday and it was fine, so it must have been a glitch. You're right though, it does seem to be more accurate.

Thanks, James!

I have REX but that flight was the first time I experienced any issues with it. It would load the snow ground textures, but it was still blue skies. I flew again yesterday and it was fine, so it must have been a glitch. You're right though, it does seem to be more accurate.

Yeah, I fly exclusively with REX. I know they said they were doing server work, so maybe that's why your flight was a bit off.

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

sweet, where is he stowed while you fly him/her there?? lol jk... good shots

I tried to keep him underneath with the baggage, but he wandered up to the tail at some point.