Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joystick is wonky and making MSFS unplayable!

1. Unhappy Joystick is wonky and making MSFS unplayable!

Hi all, newcomer here from KCLE.

Bought and downloaded MSFS 2020 the other day and started to put it through its paces. Found out there was no built-in profile for my MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick but could manually assign the buttons its axis controls.

The problem, however, is that the in-game response to my joystick maneuvering is overwhelmingly exaggerated and by no means realistic in the least. I've tried toying around with the sensitivity and reactivity settings, all to no avail. This is sadly making the game unplayable for me, unless I pony up for a new joystick (been eyeing Thrustmaster T16000M), but I don't even know if that will work either?

Anybody else running into similar issues? Particularly with the FFB2 joystick?

Quote Originally Posted by CLE_GrummanTiger View Post

Bought and downloaded MSFS 2020 the other day and started to put it through its paces. Found out there was no built-in profile for my MS Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 joystick but could manually assign the buttons its axis controls.

The problem, however, is that the in-game response to my joystick maneuvering is overwhelmingly exaggerated and by no means realistic in the least. I've tried toying around with the sensitivity and reactivity settings, all to no avail. This is sadly making the game unplayable for me, unless I pony up for a new joystick (been eyeing Thrustmaster T16000M), but I don't even know if that will work either?

I'm using a gamesir gamepad with analog sticks, and I have the same problem. No matter how I calibrate them, or adjust the sensitivities, they're way to sensitive.

I am using the Thrustmaster T 16000M stick in MSFS without problems. The sim even includes standard button assignments.

Quote Originally Posted by CLE_GrummanTiger View Post

Have you checked to see if flight model is set to modern or legacy?
    You want it on modern.

Regards
    Steve
    Intel I9-10900K - Gigabyte Z490 Vision G - 64Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte RTX2080ti - 3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs
    Corsair HXi series 1000W 80+ Platinum PSU - 1x500gb & 1x1TB M.2 SSDs. - Reverb G2 VR Headset
    Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit - Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I had a MS force feedback also and couldnt get it to work.
    BUT I didnt try g7rta's advice at that time.
    17-10700K, RTX3060TI, 32 ram, 500G M.2 SSD. Windows10, MSFS on 500 SSD

I've flown nearly 100 hours in msfs and spent hours on sensitivity settings for my Attack3 stick. I've got it to work to a point, but even at -99% sensitivity, the elevator is way to twitchy to land properly and ailerons move from 50% to 100% deflection with half a millimetre of movement.
    Ryzen 5600X, AM4, Zen+ 6 Core 12 thread
    Nvidia 3070 Founders edition 16 Gig RAM - Windows 10
    MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition
    Resolution 1920 x 1080

Just my opinion, and here I am suggesting how YOU spend YOUR money - LOL - but the Logitech Flight yoke system with throttle quadrant (MSRP about $170) was the very best flight sim purchase I've ever made. It is obviously flight sim specific, unlike a good joystick, but IMHO it's worth it.
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 200 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Quote Originally Posted by johnost View Post
    I am using the Thrustmaster T 16000M stick in MSFS without problems. The sim even includes standard button assignments.
    I agree. The T 1600M works fine.
    Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chicagorandy View Post
    Just my opinion, and here I am suggesting how YOU spend YOUR money - LOL - but the Logitech Flight yoke system with throttle quadrant (MSRP about $170) was the very best flight sim purchase I've ever made. It is obviously flight sim specific, unlike a good joystick, but IMHO it's worth it.
    Oh, I don't doubt it, but I also play space sim games and some old combat sim games, some of which use force feedback and they're loads of fun. I'd rather keep trying to make my joystick work and, from what I can gather, my issue is certainly not an isolated case as MANY users report the same problems. This tells me it's something in the software.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by g7rta View Post
    Have you checked to see if flight model is set to modern or legacy?
    You want it on modern.

Regards
    Steve
    This is new info, I don't know anything about this. Where do I go to find and change the flight model?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast