A Stormy Takeoff From KIAH

BillD22

Here are some shots of an American Airlines A320 taking off from George Bush Intercontinental Airport (KIAH) in Houston, Texas this morning using the RW weather reported as: Visibility 1/4 mile in fog and mist, ceiling obscured with thunderstorms in the area.

Turning onto fog shrouded Runway 15L for takeoff.

H1.jpg

Cleared for takeoff.

H2.jpg

As we accelerate down the runway right at rotate there's a blinding lightening flash directly ahead of us that lights up the whole cockpit.

H3.jpg

We're o.k. - positive rate - gear up!

H4.jpg

Climbing out into IMC.

H5.jpg

H6.jpg

Starting to get above it.

H7.jpg

But not out of the woods yet - more cloud to cloud lightening just off the right wing.

H8.jpg

Turning on course on the ND. Looks like clearing ahead.

H9.jpg

Leaving the bad stuff below.

H10.jpg

Edited by BillD22

Looks great Bill! Those clouds are amazing.

I need to spend more time understanding this bird, particularly in learning the FMS and basic flight dynamics. Just feels rather slow to respond to input from the joystick. As of now it's beautiful, but frustrating.

- James

Intel i7-10700F 2.9 gigahertz - 16GB Memory DDR4 3000 megahertz - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super 8GB - 480GB SSD + 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Great shots, Bill! I know real world pilots may not like it, but I always enjoy having challenging weather in the sim.

Thanks Chris. Yes - it's a whole lot less stressful and hazardous to your safety looking at it on a monitor than than in the RW!! :D:pilot:

Edited by BillD22

And another very realistic flight! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]