I have the older CH flight sim yoke LE and rudder pedals. Do I need drivers for Win 10. Cant seem to get the sim to recognize the yoke. Haven't tried pedals yet. Still working on the yoke. I see some posts saying don't use the CH control manager also. I can get the throttle to work kind of but nothing else.

Does it not recognize that the yoke is connected at all or does it just not recognize what kind of device it is?
i7-10700K, ASUS Prime Z490-P motherboard, 32 gig, GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB M2 drive, Thrustmaster T16000M, Logitech Rudder Pedals , xbox controller.

If you in fact have the "LE" version of the CH Flight Sim Yoke, that is a game port version (15 pin), not the CH Flight Sim Yoke USB. How are you connecting it to the computer? Adapter? Old soundcard?

It may be possible that MSFS being a brand new game does not support it since newer game controllers are USB.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Hi guys

Its a CH Products flight sim yoke. USB LE. Had it and the rudder pedals probably for about 30 years I think. Had every MSFS since they started. just bought this new machine (high end) with curved monitor (32") so I could run this new sim. finally got it downloaded, slow internet here. Windows 10 recognizes the yoke, haven't tried the pedals yet. When i open the sim it shows it there with a question mark on it. I've played around setting the buttons up but it has issues when I try to fly. Some don't work when they're set up. I also played around with the sensitivities also. Helped but then all of a sudden everything goes snaky. I know its an old yoke and pedals and figured they might or might not work. I see some guys are getting them to work but others not. I'm willing to through them back in the closet and buy a good set. Which is another question for you. Which set is good. Don't want to go high end with all the fancy crap, just a good set that would work. I see some use the Logitech ones. Never had a set of those. I definitely want a yoke and not a joy stick plus pedals. I see some on Amazon, cant remember the brand.

Another thing i found is I only have 2 aircraft in the hanger. I only got the standard version but isn't suppose to have a bunch of planes or did I screw up somewhere.

When i was near the end of the update for the sim before being able to open it I thought i had about 30-50 Gig left to download but then when I looked about an hour after it had finished and the sim was open. Did something happen. I tried to update but all says its good.

I would like to at least get this up and going and be able to fly it. Even keyboard commands are having an issue.

Hope you guys can help out.

Hi, I had the same Yoke LE and pedals for about 20 years (at least) I was using the yoke with MSFS (Alpha) in February/March last year. It worked ok, but I decided to upgrade and bought a Saitek yoke. Two months later I sold it! and bought the one I should have bought in the first place... the Honeycomb Alpha.

As for the pedals..l I’m still using my CH Products pedals from 20 years ago and they work fine. I have had to calibrate them in Windows a few times... but I haven’t had to do it for a few months now.

As for your missing aircraft... have you gone into the content manager and downloaded everything available? Might be worth a try.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Heh Steve. Thanks for the reply. I looked at the Honeycomb and its pricey for sure. Might get it though. What was the problem with the Sailtek yoke. I was almost going to get one of them.

I did go into content manager and did see more downloads for something. I just thought the sim came with a bunch of aircraft to begin with. I'll have a look here shortly to see what all the download is about.

another thing if you dont mind. When the sim is downloaded and then you have to update it. I was watching every so often as it took forever to download the update, on what was downloading. i'm sure

i saw 737 or maybe the Dreamliner that was downloading. Or i could be wrong. On the update it took me almost 2 weeks to get it finally downloaded. Wondered if that caused any issues with things.

Hi again guys.

So here's where I'm at. I have 2 planes in the hanger. The 150 and the TBM Daher. Booth are loaded but no other planes are showing.

Marketplace is blanked out. Can't click on it. Whatever that is for.

Also the flight training shows the 150 in the initial screen but when you click on it all sections are blanked out. Nothing to click on. Not sure what the hell is going on. Does Microsoft have a fixit file that will straighten this all out. And how does a person get more aircraft or anything else. My profile shows some weird looking person and i cant find where you can change your profile. Lots of issues going on.

I have the CH USB yoke and pedals probably close to 20 years old now. Both work with MSFS without issue. If you are looking for the sim to give a picture of the yoke while in the control window it isn't going to happen. No new drivers were need but the calibration works for every axis available. The sim doesn't even recognize the MS Sidewinder but it works also. It takes a little time to get it configured and tweaks are required after.

The content window should help with the missing aircraft but it may take another shot at installation to get it right.

D

Hi, the Saitek yoke has a bit of a deadzone. In other words have to move it quite a bit before your aircraft will react. It was a big step up from the old Ch Products yoke and I didn’t think the deadzone would bother me, but.. I’d watched a few YouTube clips & read a few reviews.. and it became more noticeable to me. I had also watched videos on the Honeycomb.. but like you, I thought it was a bit pricey.

After a couple of months with the Saitek and hearing more about how good the Honeycomb is... I gave in to temptation and ordered one. I put the Saitek Yoke & throttles on eBay. I had also ordered an extra set of Saitek throttles, but I’ve still got those for the moment.

I have to say.. the Honeycomb is very, very good. It’s not just a yoke. It had a starter switch.. light switches..etc as I’m sure you’ll know. It’s smooth & very well made.

Another month or two later & I ordered the Bravo Throttle unit. Unfortunately I’m still waiting for that (since May!)

As for your missing aircraft, there are many posts about this online. I’d try the content manager first and if that fails, check out one of the many posts... like this one for example.. https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/microsoft-flight-simulator-clean-install-only-two-planes-in-hangar-almost-no-handcrafted-airports/290921

Hope it helps

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

@ dnimigon

OK, just wanted to be sure you were not talking about this discontinued CH Flight Sim Yoke LE Gameport version as seen here...

Flight Sim Yoke LE.jpg

15 pin Gameport.jpg

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

ya, that's the one I have . Giving up on it. Ordered a good one. The Honeycomb Alpha

@ dnimigon

OK, just wanted to be sure you were not talking about this discontinued CH Flight Sim Yoke LE Gameport version as seen here...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]224654[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]224655[/ATTACH]

Glad you’ve gone for the Honeycomb :)

You won’t regret it. I hope you don’t have to wait too long for it to arrive.

Dogdish... that’s the one he has except it’s the USB version, not the game port version. I too used to have the CH Products “LE” yoke and used it with MSFS (Alpha) until March last year

It was still working after 20+ years but the cable had gone a bit thin and had tape wrapped around it on one spot. I ended up giving it away to someone who was struggling to find a yoke anywhere.

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Doubt that this will be highly helpful but here goes. The CH site says the flight yokes have no drivers well actually none of their products do. They are all plug and play. There is a device manager to enable you to "program" the device. Not sure what you would be programming but there it is. There is a warning to uninstall any previous versions before you install the new one. https://www.chproducts.com/Flight-Sim-Yoke-v13-d-705.html I have no idea why someone would say to not use the manager. However I did run across a site that offered driver downloads drivers which is obviously fake since I had already found there were none from the official site. So I would only download directly from CH. I had read elsewhere that CH doesn't have good software support. Don't know if it was reliable. There shouldn't be a lot of software to support.

All flight control equipment has about doubled in price since last fall and most of it is out of stock. To make matters worse there are only four companies that deal in the more or less affordable equipment, CH, Thrustmaster, Honeycomb and Logitech which limits our choices and from reviews each comes with it's own set of reliability and use issues. Basically centered around their being mostly cheap plastic. Honeycomb is the most expensive and is generally accepted as the best quality although it also has a troublesome dead zone but one YouTube engineer type demonstrated why they all have this issue and that it can't be completely overcome given the designs. The same YouTube shows how to do better calibration than the company offers. The jump above Honeycomb begins at the $1,000-$1,500 level with a corresponding increase in performance. This however is the level at which people begin building custom cockpits that rival the cost of a real airplane. Honeycomb doesn't make pedals so if you're older CH ones still work they are as good as the new ones.

The best price I have found is on Thrustmaster pedals and Throttle Quadrant are from Dell Computers both will work with any yoke. The throttle quadrant matches the Airbus Joystick which I gave up and bought to use until the Honeycomb yoke becomes more available. I figure it will work well with the little bush planes. They are still flown with a stick.

Yokes work with pots like the volume controls on an old radio or guitar amp. Given their age and sitting around for so long they may be toast or if you are not adverse to opening up the box you might be able to get them going again. Try a spritz of Either starting fluid and work it back and forth to clean out the dust. That's how we used to clean volume controls on radios and TVs. If that works then a little dielectric grease would probably keep it going for the next 30 years but don't gum up the works. A very little dab will do. Same for the foot pedals. The stuff I have is CRC Marine Dielectric Grease. I got it at the boat store and it's thin like honey not thick like a grease. The pots will be small so just a drop worked back and forth again will be good. You can ask a parts store what they have that's similar. If they don't work there isn't a lot to lose is always my way of looking at things.

Liquid cooled, Intel i7-10700K, NVIDIA 3070, G.Skill Ram 32 GB, 2TB M.2 NVME. Z490 MB Loads of Christmas lights. :pilot:

“Honeycomb doesn't make pedals”

Not yet, but they are supposedly working on their “Charlie” pedals. I wouldn't expect to see them anytime soon though, considering some of us are still waiting for the Bravo throttles.

I’m still using my (20 year old+) CH pedals.

Regards

Steve