Heads up on UK scenery release

Hi all,

I though that UK simmers may be interested to know that Burning Blue Designs have released EGMD - Lydd for msfs.

They have done a superb job with additional details outside the perimeter to explore too.

Check out their own website for details.

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads-up Keith, here's the all-important link for this excellent scenery: https://burningbluedesign.com/

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks for the heads-up Keith, here's the all-important link for this excellent scenery: https://burningbluedesign.com/

Based on my real-world experience, that airport is closed and is being used as a truckstop and as an emergency alternate. Granted I haven't flown to Lydd in the past year.

It would be interesting to see what Burning Blue Design based their design upon, and what vintage, as EGMD is lsted only as a fallback aiport... Surely MSFS has enough real aiports without such vague and notional addons?

Surely MSFS has enough real aiports without such vague and notional addons?

What are aiports? Where have you heard that Lydd is closed? Burning Blue probably got their info from visiting the place itself, the rest of us can visit Lydd Airport's website and check the current NOTAM's: https://www.lydd-airport.co.uk/ NO mention of Lydd being closed for any reason...

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

What are aiports? Where have you heard that Lydd is closed? Burning Blue probably got their info from visiting the place itself, the rest of us can visit Lydd Airport's website and check the current NOTAM's: https://www.lydd-airport.co.uk/ NO mention of Lydd being closed for any reason...

On the news. Aiport closed to provide emergency parking for lorries stranded on trip to the EU.

Caused by the fiasco of government making. (Manston being full of HGV's).

I'm sure it would have been a temporary measure, but concur there were no active NOTAMS now, hence my question about when the airport was surveyed by this Never-heard-of-them Upstart. There is also the question about whether they included the runway extensions added after extension to 1,505 m for Runway 03/21.

Based on my real-world experience, that airport is closed and is being used as a truckstop and as an emergency alternate. Granted I haven't flown to Lydd in the past year.

It would be interesting to see what Burning Blue Design based their design upon, and what vintage, as EGMD is lsted only as a fallback aiport... Surely MSFS has enough real aiports without such vague and notional addons?

Strange comments. Lydd is actually a quite busy local airport with regular activity, especially in the summer where LYDDAIR fly regular charter trips to Le Touquet. There is a lot of private activity. Try birdwatching at the local RSPB reserve in the summer and see if you dont get annoyed by the constant aircraft doing circuits. Obviously things are quiet there at the moment with covid curtailing activity but this is no different from most UK airports and this was probably the reason they chose it to be a temporary car park, although in the event I dont think it happened.

I suspect the reason this "upstart" (bit disrespectful) chose Lydd is as it is only the second airport they have released (they have also released a great version of Headcorn airfield) they are testing both their own skills (Lydd being fairly small), the sdk, and the market. They are now moving onto upgrading Farnborough.

Also the product does not just upgrade the airport which was lacking in MSFS in detail, it adds detail of the surrounding area including Dungeness Power Station, The Lydd acoustic early warning devices, ships in the channel and more. So in my opinion, well worth £10.95.

I personally wish them every success

Regards

Stinger

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Strange comments. Lydd is actually a quite busy local airport with regular activity, especially in the summer where LYDDAIR fly regular charter trips to Le Touquet. There is a lot of private activity. Try birdwatching at the local RSPB reserve in the summer and see if you dont get annoyed by the constant aircraft doing circuits. Obviously things are quiet there at the moment with covid curtailing activity but this is no different from most UK airports and this was probably the reason they chose it to be a temporary car park, although in the event I dont think it happened.

I suspect the reason this "upstart" (bit disrespectful) chose Lydd is as it is only the second airport they have released (they have also released a great version of Headcorn airfield) they are testing both their own skills (Lydd being fairly small), the sdk, and the market. They are now moving onto upgrading Farnborough.

Also the product does not just upgrade the airport which was lacking in MSFS in detail, it adds detail of the surrounding area including Dungeness Power Station, The Lydd acoustic early warning devices, ships in the channel and more. So in my opinion, well worth £10.95.

I personally wish them every success

Regards

Stinger

Yes, which is why it's unusual to hear of an aiport closing, although temporarily.

It's location nexr to the motorway and the lockdown preventing flying activity could possibly explain this, although given the media in the UK, they probably confused it with Manston, which IS closed.

given the media in the UK, they probably confused it with Manston, which IS closed.

That's more than likely, they certainly can't tell a B737 from an A320!

There are quite a few brand new developers working on MSFS now, MaccoSim have released a very good Manchester EGCC and have started on Birmingham EGBB. I detect a trend there - maybe they'll do Belfast Aldergrove EGAA next?

Hey Tim, I bought the MaccoSim EGCC and as you say it’s excellent. I think I read somewhere that the upcoming UK update will include Manchester. I wonder if this’ll mean the MaccoSim addon won’t me needed now?

edit: it’s Barton that will be updated

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hey Tim, I bought the MaccoSim EGCC and as you say it’s excellent. I think I read somewhere that the upcoming UK update will include Manchester. I wonder if this’ll mean the MaccoSim addon won’t me needed now?

edit: it’s Barton that will be updated

Regards

Steve

Yes it's going to be interesting to see what we'll get in the UK update. As long as it's not more CTDs [emoji6]

Regards

Stinger

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk