SkySpirit 777 Air File Edit Question

Jarhead1971

Also note, the wing sweep and the engine drag are all wrong, but they use those huge fudges in the parasitic drag and induced drag in the aircraft.cfg. The actual wing sweep is 31.667 degrees, but if you change that, they may have fudged the weight position which could make it unstable. I don't have FS2004 anymore, so I can't test and revise the wings and engines and drag.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Lee - I certainly hope you got your aircraft issues resolved! You had plenty of people trying to help, we're still wondering if the issues have been resolved! People on here just willing to give a helping hand, not really looking for thank you's, just a heads up that all is well on your end!

Enjoy the aircraft! Freeware not only gives up cheap flying, but it also gives us issues which we can learn from! :rolleyes:

Have a nice holiday season!

Rick :cool:

If it wasn't made clear from the posts above, the main problem is that you are probably trying to take off over max takeoff weight. If you have 100% fuel and the default payload loaded, you are thousands of pounds over MTOW. You need to reduce your fuel by at least 11048.26 gallons (74,000 pounds).

Happy Holidays,

Tom Gibson

CalClassic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.com

Thanks to all of you.

Sorry for the slow response, been busy with holiday honeydew stuff. Haven't really had time to digest all of the information.

I am printing this thread and will be able to load the air file into airEd on Sunday or Monday.

I will, in the mean time, get the fuel load down to more accurate settings and perhaps kick the thrust from 1.0000 to 1.0500 to see if that gives it a bit of extra boost.

I know I will have to make the recommended air file adjustments to keep from the aircraft halting the sim when it sees it at overspeed just above stall speeds....

Again, thank you all.

Lee

Lee - I certainly hope you got your aircraft issues resolved! You had plenty of people trying to help, we're still wondering if the issues have been resolved! People on here just willing to give a helping hand, not really looking for thank you's, just a heads up that all is well on your end!

Enjoy the aircraft! Freeware not only gives up cheap flying, but it also gives us issues which we can learn from! :rolleyes:

Have a nice holiday season!

Got the PMs and made the adjustments.

I will come back in the thread here once I get a chance to fly it with the revisions.

Thank you all again.

It is helpful to get addon aircraft working when the originals have errors.

I had no idea where to look other than the air file and perhaps the thrust values.

It never occurred to me to look at fuel and CG or flaps and fuel.

I always assumed the original author would have gotten those correct.....

Lee

Lee - Do what you like, your sim, your aircraft! I would leave the air file alone for now. With what I sent you, I had the plane flying just fine! Try the aircraft after you make changes to aircraft.cfg and see if that doesn't solve your issues!

Good luck and hope you get some resolve in your issues!

Sorry Lee, this was in response your original reply. I didn't see your #31 until just now. Okay, keep us posted, I think you will be pleased with the aircraft once you make the changes!

Edited by Downwind66

Update:

Do NOT listen to the tower on approach to Gander, NL, Canada!

They have you at 2200 feet until established on the localizer and turning into final at about 10 miles at 2200. I'm used to B737, A319-320 aircraft. I struggled to get the B777-300ER down and had to go around. The second time I began my descent at 15 miles out and got below 1000 feet with 2.5 miles to go. Landing went much better on a longer, less severe glide path. Landing was smooth, engine reverse worked well.

Now my only complaints with the aircraft is lack of VC and lack of usual Posky utilities.

If those can be added to this aircraft, it will be a very sweet free add-on.

Lee

Hi,

According to the official CYQX charts, both ILS approaches would have you at around 1600ft, 3-4NM out. You come in at or above 2600ft and intercept the GS some 8-9NM out.

Your VS should be around -700fpm to follow the GS (3.00 degrees).

Regards,

DDP.