Problems with Panels

ac103010

On my default A321 panel none of my standby instruments work.

Also, I've tried adding panels to the Camsim A350. Even though I follow the installation instructions word for word, straight out of the box, I just cannot get any of the Camsim A350's to work. Is there an issue with these?

Check your aircraft.cfg file for these entries:

[airspeed_indicators]

airspeed_indicator.0=1

airspeed_indicator.1=1

[attitude_indicators]

//Type: 0=None, 1=Vacuum Gyro, 2=Electric Gyro

attitude_indicator.0 = 2

attitude_indicator.1 = 2

[altimeters]

altimeter.0=1

altimeter.1=1

[direction_indicators]

direction_indicator.0=3,0

[attitude_indicators]

attitude_indicator.0=1

[turn_indicators]

turn_indicator.0=1,0

Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Allan - Can't use an FS2004 panel in FSX, also if the panel has a name, such as panel.wide or panel.xyz, make sure you have the aircraft. cfg panel name changed accordingly for the panel you are adding to the Camsim.

example how they should look in the aircraft.cfg. This is one of the simpliest mistakes made in moving panels from aircraft to aircraft. Once you have done a few, you will know what to look for!

panel=wide

panel=xyz

Good luck - Rick :cool:

I have thought about how I replied to your question of the Camsim A350. I should have worded it a little differently, so, allow me to add.

It appears you are running FSX, as you are asking a question in the FSX forum.

You can download a freeware or payware aircraft that was made for FS2004 into an FSX application, HOWEVER, you will have to replace the panel and the sound folder to a FSX panel and sound folder to get the aircraft to appear. Now, that I have brought that to your attention, now you can address whether or not your panel has a name attached to it as I have described above.

Also, one thing I just thought of, check the manufacturer line of the aircraft.cfg. Many times, a developer might show the ui_manufacturer=Camsim. Camsim is not a manufacturer, but, Airbus is! Same thing goes for some Boeing aircraft, Project Opensky is not a manufacturer, but, Boeing is!

All should work knowing some of these things. If none of what I have offered up help, please provide us with additional information, such as file name of the aircraft if it's freeware. If you purchased it as payware, that would help to know. Also, if you could screen print the section of the aircraft.cfg that shows the aircraft, something there might help.

[fltsim.0]

title=Airbus A350-900 ags V6 sat AIRFRANCE "LYON"

sim=350-900

model=350-900 ags v6 sat

panel=

sound=

texture=afb

kb_checklists=

kb_reference=

atc_id=F-HTYB

atc_airline=AIR FRANCE

atc_flight_number=448

atc_heavy=1

ui_manufacturer=Airbus

ui_type="A350-900 V6"

ui_variation="AIRFRANCE"

ui_typerole="Commercial Airliner"

ui_createdby="CamSim"

description=Airbus A350-900 AGS Version 6 Night Lighting Effects and animations Upgraded.

Above is what I am referring to! See in my example, ui_manufacturer=Airbus and ui_createdby="Camsim"

Hope this helps! - Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

Hello Rick.

Thank you for the information.

In this particular case both the aircraft and the panel are FSX. But I wasn't aware that FS2004 panels can't be used in FSX. I had a sabbatical for about 5 years but before that I installed scores of aircraft and panels but, as I said I'd never come across that restriction.

I've made a note of all your comments and those from Mr Zippy, above, and will start with a clean sheet of paper, later.

Many thanks, once again.

Allan

Hello Rick.

Thank you for the information.

In this particular case both the aircraft and the panel are FSX. But I wasn't aware that FS2004 panels can't be used in FSX. I had a sabbatical for about 5 years but before that I installed scores of aircraft and panels but, as I said I'd never come across that restriction.

I've made a note of all your comments and those from Mr Zippy, above, and will start with a clean sheet of paper, later.

Many thanks, once again.

Allan

Depends upon how the gauges are written/constructed. The majority of gauges used in FS9 panels are not written via XML code and therefore, won't work in FSX panel applications. There are exceptions but they are far and few between.

Hello, I'm back. About 95% ok.

First, the question of standby gauges not workig in the A321 default. It's not the case. They are working. I was looking at another aircraft that I thought was using the A321. In fact it was an addon panel that was identical with the A321 default panel but titled A330, and somehow these gauges weren't working on this. I won't be using that panel, so it's no longer an issue. Thanks again.

But Rick, so far as the A350 is concerned, I started again. Fresh aircraft, fresh installation, same problem. When I looked closer I found the issue. There was one too many steps in the installation - one sub-folder too many. Got rid of that and now works great. But, have to say, none of the A350 panels I've looked at sets my world alight.

So everything fine, now, and I've learned quite a bit along the way. Thank you.

Now, on to the next problems with the 350. And yes, there are 2, but I was previously chastised for putting too many problems in one post (point was taken), so starting another. Maybe you'd have alook, Rick.

Thanks, again.