Issues with Community liveries with v1.10.8.0

1. The LiveryMegaPack liveries can be selected, but only show as the default MSFS livery in the Hanger.

2. Sometimes the aircraft is BLURRY while in the Hanger.

3. Selected livery in flight is wrong (example Air New Zealand in ATC as a Ethihad)

Did I miss something or are there newer versions?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Nevermind, they ARE broken.

ATTENTION: Broken with patch v1.10.7.0. Wait for update! (October 28th)
Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Thanks however found v11.3 elsewhere besides Discord

Liveriies addons, together with other items, seem to have been a problem after #5.

Solution (well it was for me) is to remove everything from the Community Folder then re-install.

Do you mean remove the folders and then put them back again? How could that make any difference? Or R U saying delete everything and then re-extract the downloads to the Community folder?

The LiveryMegaPack v11.3 was updated to work with MSFS v1.10.7.0 and later.

If you don't want to register at Discord, found at...

https://msfsaddons.com/

The LiveryMegaPack v11.3 was updated to work with MSFS v1.10.7.0 and later.

If you don't want to register at Discord, found at...

https://msfsaddons.com/

OK, I just downloaded it. Question: Is there any way to preview the liveries and select the one(s) you want? It appears that the liveries for a given aircraft are an all-or-nothing proposition. I doubt that anyone would want all 10 or 12 liveries for any default plane. If you DL a set, can you view them and then delete the ones you don't want?

I deleted them then re-installed from the original zip files, which I keep in a separate folder "just in case".

I also use an organiser, MSFSAddon Linker, which allows me to move the files I want to use in and out of the Community Folder at will to avoid clogging it up and reducing load times. There are other similar programmes but this one is simplicity itself to use. Had no further problems with addons.

Question: Is there any way to preview the liveries and select the one(s) you want? It appears that the liveries for a given aircraft are an all-or-nothing proposition. I doubt that anyone would want all 10 or 12 liveries for any default plane. If you DL a set, can you view them and then delete the ones you don't want?

I unzipped the LiveriesMegaPackVersion11.3.zip (Takes awhile) in the download folder, and cut and paste my favorite Aircraft/liveries to the "Community" folder. You just use what you want.

I unzipped the LiveriesMegaPackVersion11.3.zip (Takes awhile) in the download folder, and cut and paste my favorite Aircraft/liveries to the "Community" folder. You just use what you want.

OK, I did that. Installed 3 liveries. Not a one of them appears in the sim!

Simple drag and drop (Or cut and paste) from here to here...

Liveries RESIZE.jpg

Simple drag and drop (Or cut and paste) from here to here...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]223673[/ATTACH]

Dogfish,

On 11/04/20, in this thread, you gave me a link to DL LiveriesMegaPackVersion11.3. I did so.

But NONE of the folders in your screen shot appears in my Downloads. What I downloaded with the link you provided was labeled "LiveriesMegaPackVersion XI" (yes, I can read Roman numerals), and it unzipped to something called "Liveries MegaPack Manager," an .exe file which contains no folders. It opens to an online list of liveries, which you can view, select, and install directly to your Community folder. That's what I did, and those liveries are in fact in my Community folder.

I'm willing to try again. PLEASE tell me where I can get "LiveriesMegaPackVersion11.3" (which I thought would come through the link you provided, but which apparently did not). If the answer is Discord.com, I'm trying that, too, but it won't let me register, saying that my email is previously registered. I am certain it is not, at least not by me!

Thanks,

Mac6737

Hi mac6737,

I didn't want to do a direct link because I thought it could change, so look for this...

If you don’t have version X installed, download the full pack from here.

Hiya Rick,

My alias actually was a old password, don't really care what anybody calls me. Just don't say "Hi Jack" if you ever see me onboard a airliner :)

Hi mac6737,

I didn't want to do a direct link because I thought it could change, so look for this...

Hiya Rick,

My alias actually was a old password, don't really care what anybody calls me. Just don't say "Hi Jack" if you ever see me onboard a airliner :)

Hi Jack,

I made a mistake in my earlier email. At the msfsaddon site, I had accepted the suggestion to DL the manager, not the 600 liveries themselves.

But it didn't matter. After I did the full DL and installed 4 liveries in my Community folder, they still wouldn't show up in the sim.

Thanks for your efforts. It is clear to me that, for one reason or another, I cannot install liveries. Scenery, yes; liveries no.

Mac6737

PS -- I called you "dogfish" because that's the handle you use on this forum. I can't imagine what's wrong with that, seeing as how I had no choice.

Link has been taken down.

https://liveriesmegapack.com/LiveriesMegaPackVersion11.3.zip

Was pointing directly to the livery pack download. Now points you to Discord. If you snooze you lose. Will have to get it from Discord or maybe it can be found at other flight sim websites.

Clink123 use to freely distribute it. Now getting all commercial about it $$$.

Oh well, plenty of updated liveries in the FlightSim library.

https://liveriesmegapack.com/LiveriesMegaPackVersion11.3.zip

Was pointing directly to the livery pack download. Now points you to Discord. If you snooze you lose. Will have to get it from Discord or maybe it can be found at other flight sim websites.

Clink123 use to freely distribute it. Now getting all commercial about it $$$.

Oh well, plenty of updated liveries in the FlightSim library.

Jack,

I'm not snoozing. Just losing. I told you yesterday I was unable to register on Discord, because it falsely thinks my email has previously been registered, and its directions for such cases don't work. Plus, it seems they have no tech support.

In any case, you seem to be saying that if I DL the MegaPack from Discord, it will work. Maybe so, but those liveries are unquestionably in my Community folder and they appear to be complete.

I think you must have got LiveriesMegaPackVersion XI.zip, not same as LiveriesMegaPackVersion11.3.zip

The .3 makes the difference because they were updated to work with the newer MSFS patch.

I will keep my eyes open if I see the later pack posted anywhere else.

EDIT: More information here...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/liveries-in-my-community-folder-wont-show-up-in-game/313124

Ignore the banter about Python, not required.

Edited by dogdish

I think you must have got LiveriesMegaPackVersion XI.zip, not same as LiveriesMegaPackVersion11.3.zip

The .3 makes the difference because they were updated to work with the newer MSFS patch.

I will keep my eyes open if I see the later pack posted anywhere else.

EDIT: More information here...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/liveries-in-my-community-folder-wont-show-up-in-game/313124

Ignore the banter about Python, not required.

Thank you. Yep, I got the XI, not the 11.3. I left a request with Discord (unacknowledged so far), and I'll also return to the fray tomorrow.

Mac6737

PS -- What's Python? Banter?

The guys in that thread were a bit confusing bringing up Python...

Python is an interpreted, high-level and general-purpose programming language.

...which has nothing to do with simply adding liveries to MSFS, and banter is not a product, just me trying to use big words :)

ban·ter

/ˈban(t)ər/

noun

noun: banter

the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks.

"there was much singing and good-natured banter"

Similar:

repartee

raillery

ripostes

sallies

swordplay

quips

wisecracks

crosstalk

wordplay

badinage

witty conversation

witty remarks

witticism(s)

joking

jesting

jocularity

drollery

bons mots

kidding

ribbing

joshing

bants

persiflage

verb

verb: banter; 3rd person present: banters; past tense: bantered; past participle: bantered; gerund or present participle: bantering

talk or exchange remarks in a good-humored teasing way.

"the men bantered with the waitresses"

Similar:

joke

jest

pun

sally

quip

josh

wisecrack

The guys in that thread were a bit confusing bringing up Python...

...which has nothing to do with simply adding liveries to MSFS, and banter is not a product, just me trying to use big words :)

ban·ter

/ˈban(t)ər/

noun

noun: banter

the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks.

"there was much singing and good-natured banter"

Similar:

repartee

raillery

ripostes

sallies

swordplay

quips

wisecracks

crosstalk

wordplay

badinage

witty conversation

witty remarks

witticism(s)

joking

jesting

jocularity

drollery

bons mots

kidding

ribbing

joshing

bants

persiflage

verb

verb: banter; 3rd person present: banters; past tense: bantered; past participle: bantered; gerund or present participle: bantering

talk or exchange remarks in a good-humored teasing way.

"the men bantered with the waitresses"

Similar:

joke

jest

pun

sally

quip

josh

wisecrack

Thanks. I got an 800 on the verbal SATs at the age of 15.