Trying deleting your fsx.cfg and try again. Remember to back up the old one first.

i5 4690 (350mhz) with Arctic Cooler, 32GB Patriot Viper 1600mhz, ASUS Rock H97 performance MoBo, MSI Ventus XS OC 1660GTX 6GB, Windows10 64bit, 256GB and 500GB Crucial SSDs

My BIOS battery failed, I replace with a new one.

Now when FSX desktop icon is double clicked FSX is seen in bottom tray and nothing loads.

If I right click the bottom tray icon and click play I see a notice that FSX is already running.

Any ideas please.

Your BIOS will have changed back to default settings, which aren't necessarily ideal and are not necessarily the settings the computer came with as new. It may need re-configuring.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

If FSX is already running, you'll need to bring up the task manager and kill the process before you can run it. The copy that's already running is probably corrupted, since you can't bring it up. Depending on your version of Windows the task manager can come up with CTRL-SHIFT-ESC or with CTRL-ALT-DEL.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Thanks for reply.....kill the process. Can you explain in detail what you mean ?

Did you get the task manager up? The tab at the top should be on processes, and searching through the various processes you should be able to find fsx.exe. Single click on that, then (on Win 7) click on the End Process button. However...

but Fsx does not visibly load only see icon in bottom toolbar

The "bottom toolbar," is that the task bar? That icon should run FSX with a single click on it, if you are talking about the taskbar. That does NOT mean it's running, but rather is just another way to start the program. I presume there are other icons on that bar, as well, such as Win Explorer, perhaps email, another browser, etc. So if that's the case you can forget the need for the task manager, and forget my comments about killing the process.

In that case, others have more pertinent suggestions.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:

Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!