Two New Bugs (For Me, Anyway)

Both of these new issues came up for the first time recently in Diamond aircraft (both DA40 and 62):

1. Engaging autopilot threw plane into extreme dive. Trial and error revealed that engaging AP turned the trim tabs all the way nose down!

2. Pressing V to bring up the inset map caused CTDs! This had never happened before.

Thanks all,

Mac6737

Both of these new issues came up for the first time recently in Diamond aircraft (both DA40 and 62):

1. Engaging autopilot threw plane into extreme dive. Trial and error revealed that engaging AP turned the trim tabs all the way nose down!

2. Pressing V to bring up the inset map caused CTDs! This had never happened before.

Thanks all,

Mac6737

Before engaging the autopilot, you should engage ALT mode and then select your desired altitude, then engage VS mode and select your desired vertical speed in feet per minute.

To avoid the VFR map CTD, open the VFR map on the ground when the sim first launches, then close it again. You'll be able to access the map without CTD for the rest of your flight.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Before engaging the autopilot, you should engage ALT mode and then select your desired altitude, then engage VS mode and select your desired vertical speed in feet per minute.

To avoid the VFR map CTD, open the VFR map on the ground when the sim first launches, then close it again. You'll be able to access the map without CTD for the rest of your flight.

OK. Well, I did select the altitude, but I didn't know about the VS part. I'll try again tomorrow.

BTW, in most P3D and FSX planes, I believe that ALT does what it says: "Hold Alt." That is, where you're at.

That's right, ALT mode is hold current ALT unless VS mode is also active, when it becomes ALT-S mode (as shown in the PFD annunciator bar) which is ALT Select mode. This is how the actual autopilot works, the previous FSX autopilot was a simplified model.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Thanks Tim

This badly needs to be posted across the MSFS forum, Discord, Reddit and Xbox to enlighten the "AP doesnt work" gang

Unfortunately it still doesn't work. At least the Citation Longitude has a major bug in that if you engage either ALT or VS it will cause the aircraft to pitch up and down like a porpoise. Asobo are aware of the issue and it is on their list to fix. It doesn't do it all of the time but it will happen on most flights, even if you are in a stable ALT hold mode.

Various workarounds have been tried by the community but none of them seem to be completely successful. The AP will follow a nav route however so as long as you trim it and hand fly the level changes yourself it is usable.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it still doesn't work. At least the Citation Longitude has a major bug in that if you engage either ALT or VS it will cause the aircraft to pitch up and down like a porpoise.

It works on all but the Premium Deluxe aircraft such as the Citation Longitude, which are not editable. I still wouldn't recommend using FLC mode on any autopilot until the next official update.

Have you tried the Citation CJ4? It's far more user friendly especially with the Working Title mod: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.4.0

Edited by tiger1962

It works on all but the Premium Deluxe aircraft such as the Citation Longitude, which are not editable.

Have you tried the Citation CJ4? It's far more user friendly especially with the Working Title mod: https://github.com/Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages/releases/tag/cj4-v0.4.0

No, unfortunately my home cockpit is based upon a glass cockpit featuring a G3000 (Phenom 300). It has taken me since launch to set it up for the Longitude which is close enough until the Phenom is re-released so changing to the CJ4 is not a option for me. I dont mind hand flying the Longitude.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Edited by stinger2k2

The CJ4 IS a glass cockpit?

Microsoft Flight Simulator 11_10_2020 15_38_38.png

Edited by tiger1962

Literally came here to ask this question. Answered. Thank you. This is what happens when you don't get a comprehensive manual. I wouldn't even care if it wasn't in print form.

James M

Director Ohio Valley Golden Age A Golden Age Regional Airline Simulation

Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS Prime X570-P, NVidia GTX 1660 Super, 32G 3200mhz, 1TB Samsung SSD, HC Alpha, HC Bravo, Windows 11

Yes, but the glass is in landscape mode and wouldn't really work in my cockpit.

4fa9aaec5e1994dbdf3f38540a42958b.jpg

Ah of course, my apologies! The CJ4 has the Collins Pro Line 21 system, not the Garmin series.

Hopefully this week's update will fix the porpoising AP issues for you.

No need to apologise my friend !

I knew that until i get a Phenom 300 back into the sim that with my particular cockpit setup it would be a compromise. I am patient and will enjoy what I have available until then. I have an assigment profile set up for the C172 using the G1000 which is perfectly usable for vfr flying so it's no deal breaker for me.

Happy flying