Is it a bug if your rig can’t handle it?

Bit of a pointless question

I’m assuming your rig can’t handle the new sim, but if so you haven’t said what your rig’s specs are.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Bit of a pointless question

I’m assuming your rig can’t handle the new sim, but if so you haven’t said what your rig’s specs are.

Regards

Steve

Has nothing to do with my rig. BTW I am an X-Plane cockpit builder and my rig is very strong.

I am asking the question since many times I read posts in forums blaming the sim if something does not work-as a bug- and must be corrected in the next patch. I think the posters should look deeper in their system/performance aspect before making the bug statement.

So, is my question a bit of pointless?

Has nothing to do with my rig. BTW I am an X-Plane cockpit builder and my rig is very strong.

I am asking the question since many times I read posts in forums blaming the sim if something does not work-as a bug- and must be corrected in the next patch. I think the posters should look deeper in their system/performance aspect before making the bug statement.

Then in that case, I agree with you. It’s not always down to the sim. It’s very often down to the user or the setup being used. I even had an issue myself recently in that the sim kept crashing within seconds. Turned out it was down to me using a single cable (with a y-splitter) to power my GPU, instead of two separate cables.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Then in that case, I agree with you. It’s not always down to the sim. It’s very often down to the user or the setup being used. I even had an issue myself recently in that the sim kept crashing within seconds. Turned out it was down to me using a single cable (with a y-splitter) to power my GPU, instead of two separate cables.

Regards

Steve

sounds like you may have been able to get your hands a 3080?? If so how do you like it so far.

Steve, Thanks for your reply. You are a good sport.

No worries :)

Natman1964.. no 3080 for me yet. I have the RTX2080ti which I bought in April. It cost me about £1300 (inc a new psu) so I won’t be getting the 3080 just yet.

The 2080 also needs two leads, even though I’d been running it since April with just one.

I upgraded the motherboard & cpu etc recently and thats when the GPU decided it needed two power leads (& I should have done it originally LOL)

Regards

Steve

No worries :)

The 2080 also needs two leads, even though I’d been running it since April with just one.

I upgraded the motherboard & cpu etc recently and thats when the GPU decided it needed two power leads (& I should have done it originally LOL)

I have had a number of GPUs in the past that required two power leads, and was surprised recently when I got a RTX 2070 that only required one lead. I wonder if the super and Ti variants of the 2070 also require two.

Asus Prime Z490-P motherboard, Intel i7-10700K CPU, 32GB DDR4 3200 memory, GeForce RTX 2070-8GB video, 1TB M.2 SSD, Windows 10-64 bit, Acer 23"WS LCD and Benq 19" LCD, Logitech Flight Yoke, Thrustmaster Pedals, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, TrackIR 5, MSFS Deluxe and FSX Deluxe, UTX-USA2, UTX-TAC, GEX-NA, ASN, WOAI