New Computer and New Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Hi Paul,

apparently the error you’re getting

“Access to the content servers is currently unavailable” is a known error and Microsoft are working on it, or so one or two others have said.

I hope you / Microsoft manage to sort it soon. You’ve got this far so don’t give up yet.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve, thanks again for replies.

How long do you suppose this will take Ho Ho.

Guess I might try the original MSFS X for a while, just for a giggle, if it works?

Thanks

Paul.

Paul

Windows 10 2020.

Processor: AMD Ryzon 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz.

Installed memory (RAM): 16.0 GB.

System type: 64-bit Operating System X64-based processor.

Hi Paulco there is one thing you could try, and that is to reset the app you do this by typing Microsoft Flight simulator in the windows search bar ,As soon as the app appears a window appears on the right and side click app setting scroll down and choose either repair or reset when that is done Launch the simulator from the windows app store, you do need Disk 1 one in the get past the continue screen if the repair don't work do the reset but well done to get as far as you have what is your internet speed it does need to be fairly I feel sure you should not be getting these errors also make sure you are signed into your microsoft account.

hope this helps

Andrew

Paulco,

I have been sitting on that Content Server error since early September. Over a month now and still no resolution.

It could be a while.

Hal

Alienware Aurora R13, I7-12700KF, 16g DDR5 4400 memory, 256g NVMe boot drive, 1 - 2t NVMe m.2 drive for Apps, 2 - 1t SSD for Data, GeForce RTX 3080 TI 12g, Windows 11 Pro.

Also..make sure you have xBox on your PC. Get it from the MicroSoft Store. I think it's still labeled as a Beta, at least it was when I downloaded it in August. MSFS needs that to be on your PC in order to run.

You may have to create a new account for the xBox, but once created, MSFS will not ask you ever again. It will load it and run it from then on whenever you launch the program.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

Same circumstances as OP - went to Currys they sold me an Acer Nitro 50-100 as per your specs (graphics card is Geforce GTX with 4gb RAM). One guy was a bit doubtful that 16GB RAM would be enough but as I intended to "rob" the old machine of memory I wasn't too concerned. Transferred the 1TB SSD from the old machine together with 8GB of RAM and away it went with no problems, including a reasonable download from MS (I bought the online standard version).

Have to say that I haven't "stretched" the capacity of the system yet but have noted CPU and RAM very occasionally go to 100%, usually whilst setting up a flight. Have replaced the 8GB RAM with fast 32GB and RAM never gets above 50% now. Also FPS is usually upper 30's.

Conclusion is that the machine is perfectly happy running MSFS. Only caveat is that I'm running a standard monitor at 1920 x 1080 so have the graphics at medium plus a few tweaks which is fine but if I wanted to improve to ultra maybe the CPU wouldn't be man enough. I'll have a play with the settings sometime.

Hi Hal and everybody else out there, Thanks for all replies.

I'm a Pensioner coming up for 74 years old next Month and was not looking for a New Computer.

When my Wife spent £100+ and treated me to the New Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 I was well Pleased, but to my disappointment I had messages saying It was not Compatible for my current Computer/Operating System.

Yet again my Wife forked out £900.00 for a new Computer that meets all the Recommended Requirements needed to run

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. Isn't she wonderful.

I'm thinking at the moment that Microsoft are trying to make a fortune out of others misery by selling a Product that doesn't work out of the box? All they want is our Money.

Best Regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hang out to that gal for sure! How wonderful.

It seems to be my experience that just about every few years a new-fangled and superb game/sim will get introduced into the market and MY home desktop either needs some sort of upgrade or replacement if I want to play it.

Must be why folks stand in long lines at the Apple store every 6 months when that company brings out a new model hat 'only' costs twice as much? - lol

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Hell again

The original FS9 & FSX required a few additional files before they would work such as, Direct X, adobe, FSUIPI, Gauges etc. etc.

I can only find a folder in Drive C: containing loads of Aircraft. Is this correct Please?

Regards

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi

Not sure m8 as i have my installation on a different drive I too am 74yrs old bit of a coincidence lol.

Anyway I had a reply to a ticket I put in btw Its Aerolsoft who deal with the Disk version of the game not microsoft just to had more confusion to the mix,there may well be something in the links they provided that might help if your not up and running yet here is there reply

With the planes that drop out of the sky, is this only when the autopilot is enabled? If so, auto-pilot issues are known and Asobo/Microsoft have been working on updates. For the A320, we recommend using the A320 improvement mod which has been updated for the latest version:https://github.com/flybywiresim/a32nx

If you are having issues that you can reproduce and they are not already on this list: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016027399-KNOWN-ISSUES-Last-modified-Sept-29-2020-

I would recommend submitting a bug report, you can do so here: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000120251

With friendly greetings,

Tom Flashman

FSX, P3D & Microsoft Flight Simulator Customer Support.

Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - YouTube

Please note we will always try to reply in your own language, but we do not always have staff for all languages online, so we might default to English

Hi Everybody out there.

Not Having any Joy at all, don't even know if it's Installed in the right place, I have it installed to C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 but not sure if this is correct anymore? is it supposed to be in Program Files or Program Files (x86)?.

Thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi Andrew, thanks again for reply.

My Computer is not allowing:- CUsersyour pcAppDataRoamingMicrosoft Flight Simulator.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong again?

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi, thanks for reply.

Not allowing?

Have spent the Morning trying to re Install the Game but During Disk 6 just went off, No reason, just returned to Desktop.

Am trying Once more to Install Game but now allowing 1st Disk of 10 to select its own Directory Folder.

If it doesn't work then not sure what else to do next.

Many thanks

Paul.

Edited by pcohen

Windows 10 2020.

Hi

Paulco you really are having a bad time of the installing ,which in effect should be straight forward .

Ok got something else for you to try and this is how I did it ,do you have more than 1 HDD in your pc ? if you do ssd or mechanical ,Make folder on the 2nd drive Called MS Flight Simulator or something like that and when the disk asks for a path browse to the folder you created on your second drive and try and install it should go smoothly don't worry ,the installation can be moved at later date to an ssd or whatever ,C drive being the system drive with windows on won't be very big ,I am guessing 250gig or 500gb at the most ,the thing is if you install everything to c drive if ever you need to install windows you may lose everything on the C drive .

Another thing you could do is reset your PC if you dont know how to do it let me know or you can google it or check youtube.

Paulco I am giving you my email Address in case you get stuck with anything a bit quicker than forums

lunnapollo11@aol.com

ps hope this solution works.

Regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew, thanks for reply.

When I purchased New PC was told I would need a new DVD/CD Writer because new PC didn't have One, turned out it was Faulty ( did begin to Suspect it Yesterday )

Went back to Currys/PCWorld and Exchanged it for a new one and Hey Presto everything seems to be Installed and Working at last.

A bit different to FS9 & FSX though, a whole new experience all together, having nightmares trying to sort out the Controls but having fun.

thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi Paul,

the faulty cd drive would certainly explain the “Cyclic Redundancy Check” errors you were getting at first. I’m so glad you figured out what the problem was and it’s all working now. It’s completely different to the previous sims but I’m sure you’ll get used to it. It’s certainly a lot of fun.

Happy flying

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Hi Steve, thanks for reply.

Thought I had it sorted but only have One Aircraft, cannot seem to find anymore.

Know it has more?

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi Andrew, thanks for reply.

When I purchased New PC was told I would need a new DVD/CD Writer because new PC didn't have One, turned out it was Faulty ( did begin to Suspect it Yesterday )

Went back to Currys/PCWorld and Exchanged it for a new one and Hey Presto everything seems to be Installed and Working at last.

A bit different to FS9 & FSX though, a whole new experience all together, having nightmares trying to sort out the Controls but having fun.

thanks

Paul.

Hi Paul

If you remember i did suggest taking it back to PC world/curry's I had a feeling something was wrong with the pc or something.

Anyway Paul really glad it's all working now .it must be a relieve for you and a weight off your mind i have been there trust me lol.

They are a good bunch on this forum and I am sure they will answer any questions you you may have in the future, just one thing though, as MSFS20 as been out a bit ,it might be worth searching the forum first as your question might have been answered already it will save you time .

Good Luck with the Sim see you in the Air

Kind regards

Andrew

This is for all Forum helpers please. Couple or so early Issues.

1. Press Any key to start doesn't always work? have to return to Desktop and start again.

2. Welcome Screen 2nd view Tour of Japan seems unavailable.

3.problem with Aircraft selection, where are they Please.

4. Cannot see Joystick Option Is this correct.

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

You will need to go into the content manager and download them (I think content manger is under the profile tab). Once you have the King Air, the Japan tour will work.
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Japan Tour and Aircraft selection now working thank you. Couple of early Issues Issues still to sort out.

1. Press Any key to start doesn't always work? have to return to Desktop and start again.

2. Is there or will there be a Joystick option?

Many thanks.

Paul.

4. Cannot see Joystick Option Is this correct.

Many thanks

Paul.

Windows 10 2020.

Windows 10 2020.

Hi Paul, you need to go into settings... controls.. & hopefully your joystick will be showing. From there you can setup various bindings if it they’re not set already.

However some joysticks/controllers aren’t recognised. All my controllers are, except for an old joystick which although is listed, won’t save any bindings.

As for “press any key to start” - I too have the occasional problem, but it’s usualy when I’ve pressed the Windows key, or gone into another program while waiting for FS to load.

There have been a lot of complaints about this “press any key...” & Asobo will remove it soon anyway (hopefully)

Regards

Steve

For "Press Any Key" you can also click the mouse or any button, switch or lever on your controller(s).

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64