Quick access to Community Folder

For those of us who install add on scenery, aircraft and anything that goes in the Community Folder, here's a way to make that easy and quick.

Create a shortcut on your desktop for the path to your Community folder.

1. Open Windows Explorer and navigate to your Community folder.

2. Click on the Folder icon to reveal the full path:

3. Right Click to Copy

4. Right Click on desktop and create New Shortcut and Paste the copied path

5. Click Next, name your new shortcut

The next time you want to save something to the Community folder, Copy the folder you want, double click on the desktop shortcut, and just paste into the Community folder.

Click Here.png

Copy Path.png

Name Shortcut.png

Edited by stempski

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

yup... even better. But you still have to create the shortcut first.

And to add it to your Send To:

1. press Windows+R

2. type: shell:sendto

3. drag the desktop shortcut to the folder

4. Exit by clicking the red X - upper right

5. Check by right clicking on any icon on your desktop, scroll down to "Send to" and check the contents of the Send to for your MSFS Community shortcut.

Edited by stempski

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

I added the FS Community folder to my Quick Access folder in File Explorer - simple to find and easy to drop files there for future use in the game.

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Or just go to the community folder, right click - create shortcut and then drag and drop shortcut on desktop.

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

I cannot find the actual Microsoft.flightsimulator_8wekyb3........file. I unhid the appdata also. In my d:there is a community folder by itself. I am trying to find the aircraft.cfg file also. I originally downloaded from steam and originally everything to the d: drive instead of c:. Help!