Well, my live weather is is dysfunctional. Whenever I go to start a flight, the wind @ my starting point is always the same 270 degrees @ 4kts.

I don't recall this being an issue before the most recent patch.

Anyone else having this issue?

Any Ideas for a fix?

There are two places you must check for

live weather first in World Map when you open the weather box, check live below right

Then once onboard the plane from the drop down list check live weather is selected

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

There are two places you must check for

live weather first in World Map when you open the weather box, check live below right

Then once onboard the plane from the drop down list check live weather is selected

Well, that fixed it. Somehow Live WX got unchecked and static wx selected. We'll call uit operator error for lack of a better explanation. Thank you!

I wasn't being snarky, the thread label misleadingly implies the program is malfunctioning, when in the kindest possible way, we all have lots of things to learn about a program that is just released. I wasn't picking on you, but a number of folks are trying to imply the program is broken when in fact many people are still learning how to run it. Maybe a thread title that does not suggest the program is at fault, might be a little more appropriate??
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

I wasn't being snarky, the thread label misleadingly implies the program is malfunctioning, when in the kindest possible way, we all have lots of things to learn about a program that is just released. I wasn't picking on you, but a number of folks are trying to imply the program is broken when in fact many people are still learning how to run it. Maybe a thread title that does not suggest the program is at fault, might be a little more appropriate??

I don't see this as snarky, merely pointing out the `problem` turns out to be user error, not anything else.

It would be better to rephrase the OP, as this turns out be one more of the myriad issues that is caused by `operator` rather than `sim` error... I am one of the thousands of simmers struggling to gauge genuine issues from the claptrap posted in fora.

plainsman - not sure how it would be a problem with my install as it worked fine up until about 2 weeks ago and then just stopped working. The only weather that works is if I choose "Snow" and then I see snow. All of the other options just show a clear sky.

Kapitan - I reset the panels and that had no effect.

If your install got an incomplete update, you may have lost some key code? Mine works fine, I just changed the cloud density and level last night on a flight in order to get a better screenshot. If it were a bug, we would all be having the problem, unless it is hardware specific. What are your computer components? If you are running an older video card that might not be compatible with some new function, but I highly doubt that is the problem
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

plainsman - not sure how it would be a problem with my install as it worked fine up until about 2 weeks ago and then just stopped working. The only weather that works is if I choose "Snow" and then I see snow. All of the other options just show a clear sky.

Kapitan - I reset the panels and that had no effect.

I suppose you did a Restart...close

the sim, restart

Check if Multiplayer OFF

Enable Dev mode, check if volumetric clouds are disabled

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Ok it's working now. I reset all the in-game settings back to default, exited the game, re-booted and then started the game and now I have my weather options back. Not sure what it was that was blocking them before but I'll keep an eye on it when I configure my settings again. Thanks plainsman and Kapitan for your assistance.