Good IFR aircraft to start with?

Hi all. The latest patch seems to have got my system running the sim quite a bit more smoothly.

I have been doing all my testing flying the Cessna 172 around to try to get things smooth and check out how the sim works. I am ready to try something a little faster to try some IFR flights and see about how to use the AP and FMS systems.

Any suggestions on a plane that will be the next step up from the Cessna?

Actually, to learn about auto pilot the Cessna 172 G1000 is a great place to start. Also watch Squirrel's You Tube video on using the G1000 autopilot in the 172. He explains the different functions such as FLC and NAV systems.

I actually know how the autopilots in these aircraft SHOULD work, lol.

I've been flying all the study-level planes in FSX/P3D for years. I can cold and dark and fly all of them IFR--PMDG, Aerosoft, Coolsky, glass, analog, whatever. I just can't seem to find the controls and switches I need in these new defaults!

1) Choose the plane you wish, for FMC the best is the Airbus

2) Go to Youtube, type in the search MSFS Airbus Tutorial

3) choose a video (suggested channels 320 Sim Pilot, Clumsy, Drawyah, Squirrel

Those are the Manuals we have so far

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Personally I wold go for broke and jump straight in the 747! It's a nice aircraft and grows on me the more I fly with it. Lovely engine sound and as you head across the terminator into night very easy to lose yourself in the situation.

I'm going to try that pretty soon. I got extremely smooth performance just now with the A320. I need to figure out the ATC and how to make the FMC/GPS select and activate an approach with or without a transition after the ATC has cleared me for a transition, or I have asked for VTF.