Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Say what you will about FS20 - I am VERY impressed

Default Say what you will about FS20 - I am VERY impressed

I took two flights this morning in my little C152X - One off a listed tiny grass strip airport in the middle of peaceful Amish Country in N/E Indiana to fly over my brother's home, the other off a listed tiny grass strip airport in the N/E Illinois Chain O Lakes region to overfly my son's new lake home on Pistakee Lake.

Took some screen shots that 'looked like' they were taken from my cell phone in a real C152. Positively stunning recreations.

The plane flew and reacted to the ground terrain quite realistically IMHO both in sound and in handling characteristics.

Also IMHO light years ahead of my FSX-SE sim.
    "Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
    HP Pavilion Desktop 590-p0056, [email protected], 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, Nvidia GTX1650 4GB, Logitech yoke and throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TFRP rudder pedals, Grass Monkey Odyssey IR headset system

I absolutely agree! Once more third-party scenery and aircraft are available, I do not see myself purchasing anything else for X plane or P3D.
    Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080ti FTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte Aorus Master motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ power supply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10 Pro x64

I feel the same way - its not perfect but I cant go back to FSX-SE with these visuals....I know some have a greater issue with MSFS 2020....but as you quote says...

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln

iam new to flight sims and this is my first one. (i really like the sim.) i can now take off and land the 152, its been a struggle to learn what to do but i got there in the end. i would love to take off from my local airport which is doncaster/sheffield in the uk and fly over my house, but at them moment i dont know how to find where my house is and fly to it. it would be nice if i could find my heading location from the airport and just fly a straight line over my house..

5. Default

Copy and paste your house Gps location from google or bing into the start location instead of an airfield.

lotusteve,
    One option to find your home is to download LittleNavMap, free software for navigation, flight planning, etc. You can drill down in the map to street level, find your street, home, and then "bookmark" it on the map for future flying use.
    The program is a bit intense but extremely useful as you learn your way around.

despite the bugs, I cant seem to go back to prepar3d or xplane. I just fly around in the Cessna 152.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BushPilot View Post
    despite the bugs, I cant seem to go back to prepar3d or xplane. I just fly around in the Cessna 152.
    Exactly, you cant. Its a level of improvement the other sims look cartoonish.
    And Im not talking just about the scenery, its airports, planes how they shine sound and move, cockpits even as default they have an immersive shine that surpasses other platforms
    Kapitan
    Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by BushPilot View Post
    But for anything else the Sim blows !! there aree too many problems right now

I too turn off the complaint ear and just go with what is in front of me. If that team is committed to make this a great simulation, give them time. I was messing around with it yesterday flying out of a small airport in Dallas and I could not see anything once I got into the soup. It was so real!. Sure there are cities that are not exact but with time they will be. I was really impressed how the ground trucks surrounded me when I was parked and watching GA get a push back. Keep it up Asobo!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast