Is There a Way to Open a Saved Flight -- Directly?

Sounds silly, I know. But the Welcome screen has no ESC option! As far as I can tell, the only way to open a saved flight is to create a new one and load it; only then does the sim give you an ESC option, so you can search for and load the flight you wanted to begin with.

It takes me about 5 minutes from boot-up to flight, and the extra step takes another three minutes.

Am I missing something? Or are the people who designed this thing really that obtuse?

BTW, in both FSX and P3D the opening screen had a "Load" tab, permitting you to go straight to any saved scenario. Given that this bright idea has been in MS FlightSim for at least 20 years, I have to wonder what kind of perverse mind would decide to eliminate it in the new product. But, as I say, I may be missing something.

Mac6737

Mac, yes you're missing pressing the spacebar in the world map screen which is for Load OR Save flightplan.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

When you launch the sim and it’s on the start page.. (with no option to load a flightJ

simply press the world map and the option to load appears :)

Edit: you beat me to it Tim

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Later discovery: If you're in Windowed mode, you can't see that!

I can & I run in windowed mode. You may have to drag the bottom of the window up/down. Also I have the taskbar set to automatically hide so it’s not in the way.

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

If you double-click in the white bar at the top, the window will resize to fit your screen and any text displayed along the bottom of the screen will be visible.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Sounds silly, I know. But the Welcome screen has no ESC option! As far as I can tell, the only way to open a saved flight is to create a new one and load it; only then does the sim give you an ESC option, so you can search for and load the flight you wanted to begin with.

It takes me about 5 minutes from boot-up to flight, and the extra step takes another three minutes.

Am I missing something? Or are the people who designed this thing really that obtuse?

BTW, in both FSX and P3D the opening screen had a "Load" tab, permitting you to go straight to any saved scenario. Given that this bright idea has been in MS FlightSim for at least 20 years, I have to wonder what kind of perverse mind would decide to eliminate it in the new product. But, as I say, I may be missing something.

Mac6737

They're not obtuse. just stupid!

Obtuse = "Shawshank Redemption" :)

Wonder if there is a start line parameter like -fastlaunch to open a saved flight?

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro