Just Some Ohio Airports - C-172 "Flamze"

DAVIDSTRAKA

I thought I'd take the 172 out for a spin to some of the airports I visited in RW flying. I just never went to Burke Lakefront however. :rolleyes:

PART 1

Taking off out of Columbiana County airport (02G). This is outside of East Liverpool, OH. A little story about this airport. I rented a plane to fly from here to New Philadelphia, OH to visit come college friends. It was an IFR flight there and back. Long story short, when I got back to Columbiana County, I was putting the plane into one of the T-Hangers and managed to run head first into the trailing edge of the flaps. 4 stitches later I was just as good as new. :o

fsscr000.jpg

fsscr001.jpg

Headed south along the Ohio river towards where I grew up.

fsscr002.jpg

fsscr003.jpg

Low pass over Dew Memorial (1G8) Was in and out of this airport many times during my early flight instruction prior to Embry-Riddle

fsscr004.jpg

fsscr005.jpg

This is Jefferson County (2G2) or "Steubenville, OH airport as the locals call it. 5001 X 75 feet! Kind of narrow.

fsscr006.jpg

Harrison County (8G6) Had a $100 hamburger there once.

fsscr007.jpg

Carroll County - Tolson (KTSO) Just a visit there

fsscr008.jpg

fsscr009.jpg

Heading into the Akron - Canton area. Flew to there in my first low wing Piper.

fsscr010.jpg

Please see PART 2

Edited by DAVIDSTRAKA

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

PART 2

Akron - Canton Regional (KCAK). My first flight instructor wanted to visit friends there.

fsscr011.jpg

One of the Goodyear blimp hangers in the country.

fsscr012.jpg

fsscr013.jpg

On the way to Lakefront

fsscr014.jpg

On the approach and landing!

fsscr015.jpg

fsscr016.jpg

fsscr017.jpg

fsscr018.jpg

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Your covered a lot of places on your trip around Ohio David. A lot of fine pics. and a good narrative of it. I like the paint on your Cessna also. :cool: :cool: :pilot:

Thanks Larry. I have a few others I've been to not in this set. Will need to do another post. Looking forward to comparing FSX to the new sim.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice screenshots David! I thought it was Jan's Cessna for a moment because of all the flames on it like it was burning up, but glad to see it was only a paint job since YOU'RE flying!

Thank you kindly. Jan's would never have flames on it. Just way too much water. :)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Michael. Yeah, didn't duck far enough. It was quite a dark night :rolleyes:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting trip and great shots! I got stuck with one of those $100 hamburgers back in 1975, when $100 was real money ($495.15 according to the inflation calculator). I was only about 3 years out of grad school, and the company i worked for flew me into Houston on a company plane. It had been a long flight, and we didn't get in until about 9:00 that evening. There was going to be a meeting the next morning of a bunch of scientists, and it was held in a new fancy hotel out north of town, which at the time, didn't have any restaurants around. I was starved, so i went down to the hotel restaurant to grab a hamburger. I doubt I had $100 in my bank, I envisioned paying off that hamburger on a 2 year loan. Fortunately, the expense account reimbursed me, with only a chastise for exorbitant spending for one meal. Edited by plainsman
I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Interesting trip and great shots! I got stuck with one of those $100 hamburgers back in 1975, when $100 was real money ($495.15 according to the inflation calculator). I was only about 3 years out of grad school, and the company i worked for flew me into Houston on a company plane. It had been a long flight, and we didn't get in until about 9:00 that evening. There was going to be a meeting the next morning of a bunch of scientists, and it was held in a new fancy hotel out north of town, which at the time, didn't have any restaurants around. I was starved, so i went down to the hotel restaurant to grab a hamburger. I doubt I had $100 in my bank, I envisioned paying off that hamburger on a 2 year loan. Fortunately, the expense account reimbursed me, with only a chastise for exorbitant spending for one meal.

For sure highway robbery in those hotels for food!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice journey flight with pictures around Ohio, David. I'm down in the opposite end corner of the state.

Thanks David! So you’re not far from being able to visit Sporty’s Pilot Shop? :)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Those shots are on fire David! Enjoyed the airport tour. :)

Ha! Good one and thanks!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]