Could not start FS2020

I installed FS2020 Premium DeLuxe yesterday. Just follow the instructions for installation, starting with setup.exe... All files of the 10 DVD's are in "FS2020"-folder, which I created myself on my drive "D". In that folder a new folder has been created, called "Official", and in it again a new folder called "OneStore", and it now contains the complete contents of the setup of FS2020, but I don't see a single file there that resembles what I expected, like for example in FSX. All folders start with "asobo" or "fs-base". I don't see any exe-files. In C:\Program

Files\WindowsApps there is no exe-file either. In a word: I cannot start FS2020 at all.

Can someone tell me what I might have done wrong, or what I need to do to get started with FS2020? Thank you in advance.

Jive1 - Belgium

Hi, although I bought the download version I don’t think you’ve done anything wrong. You would think it’d add a desktop shortcut wouldn’t you? You can add one yourself though.

Press your keyboard’s Windows key and start typing flight simulator.

MSFS will appear. You can either launch it from there, or if you right-click you can “pin to start”

If you right click on the start menu icon just created, you can create a desktop shortcut.

Hope this helps

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

Hey! Good morning.

I do not understand any of it. So I did get the simulator running, but I can't find a start screen where I can start something like with previous Flight Simulators.

What should I expect as my home screen?

I also find out very early on in the starting procedure that the bacon is suitable for XBOX, but I don't see anything for Flight Simulator.

How do I get to a start screen that is suitable for starting in more or less the same way as with previous Flight SImulators?

I feel like being in a complete strange world with this game......

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Edited by Jive1

Good morning,

press the "windows key" on your computer's keyboard... and start typing flight simulator (or Microsoft flight simulator) You will probably find that as soon as you start typing it will appear at the top of the list.

001 (Small).jpg

you can either launch it from here

or if you right click it, you will see "pin to start". If you do this, an icon will appear on the start menu.

again, you can launch it from here (by clicking the icon)

or you can drag it across to your desktop... and it will then add a shortcut on your desktop! :)

clicking the desktop shortcut will launch the simulator of course (it usually takes a few seconds for anything to happen)

you will see the Asobo logo, followed by a couple more... then a screen which says "press any key to start"

press a key... wait a bit longer (music should be playing)

and you will eventually see the welcome page... (start screen)

Hope this is a little clearer (I was going to add more screenshots but it’s not easy)

Regards

Steve

004 (Small).jpg

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Well done Steve, just to add: Click on the World Map to enter the aircraft and flight plan selection menu.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Hey! Good morning!

I don't remember downloading and installing another software launcher after installing FS2020. I have now searched in vain to find and download that launcher, can someone tell me where I can find it? Or won't that help to correct the mistake I made?

Jive1 - Belgium

Good morning,

you don’t have to install an additional launcher. If the new simulator has been installed, then you should be able to launch it from the way we’ve said.

Regards

Steve

Hey! Steve,

I read your explanation to member g7rta, and that is exactly what I get when I do what you said there. But I can't get into it from there. I thought I was getting a start screen that looks like all previous FS's, but that's not. Is there a description somewhere on the Internet of how to proceed from there?

Greetings

Jive1 - Belgium

Hi, this new MSFS looks completely different to all previous sims. What screen are you seeing when you launch it?

It usually takes two or three minutes to launch, & you have to "press any key", but when it's finally ready, you should see this screen... the welcome page (or "start screen" if you will)004 (Small).jpg

Are you seeing this?

regards

Steve

This is indeed what I see... And the only thing that I can do and understand what I do, is clicking on the globe, wait some seconds and then I can determine depart and arrival airpoprts.... Bur then i('s finished to understand what I should do inorde to handle like o, the start menu of all the previous FS"s...

Why don't they ( = Microsoft ) not printed all the ex^lation in the little booklets and replace teh unnecessary thinhs which are in now....

Regards

Jive1 - Belgium

Great, well at least we know it’s working. As I said previously, it is completely different from all previous versions.

The screen you are seeing the main page. Have a play around.. you can select an airport.. choose your aircraft, weather etc.. then start flying. Other things are available from this screen.. like the Marketplace etc

Regards

Steve

After you click on the "globe" section and choose an airplane, airport (you only need select departure runway)etc just click on the FLY button on the lower right hand side of the screen. That will take a couple minutes to then load those parameters and you'll see an overhead view of that airport. Again click on the FLY button (lower right) and you'll be in the cockpit ready to go.

Happy Flying

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

Good morning Steve and all the others,

A first question is: is it not possible to start this FS2020 without having to insert that first DVD? That is very annoying if you also do other work on the PC ...

Is it normal that it takes up to four minutes to get into the start menu?....

So, as you said, I first selected an aircraft by clicking once on the image of an aircraft in the top left-hand corner. That was OK. Also a departure airport. In addition, my question is whether there is a possibility to look at it in more detail, where exactly at the airport it is, what it looks like there, as with previous FS's in AFD/AFX addons?...

How do I get further into the cockpit?...

Greetings

Jive1 - Belgium

Good morning,

I’m sorry to say that with the DVD version, yes you need to have disc one in your drive in order to use the sim.... or rather you are supposed to have the disc in.

There is a way around this apparently, by creating an ISO file of the disc and then keeping it on your hard drive. I don’t know anymore other than that, but maybe anther forum member can help you with that.

As for the time it takes to load... yeah, it can take 2, 3 or 4 minutes. It depends on your system specs etc, but it is quite normal to take this long.

You might want to check out some YouTube videos by a guy calling himself “squirrel”. They are extremely well done. Like this one... on how to use the camera settings...

Regards

Steve

• 2 months later...

Hello. I have downloaded the game to D drive of my system. And i located the Exe file in windowsapps. But it says that i dont have permission or the file location is invalid. So i cant open the exe file.

Can anyone help pls?

Thanks.

Stay safe.

Xv

Hello. I have downloaded the game to D drive of my system. And i located the Exe file in windowsapps. But it says that i dont have permission or the file location is invalid. So i cant open the exe file.

Can anyone help pls?

Thanks.

Stay safe.

Xv

Hi, I presume you bought it from the MS Store? After downloading it, did you also download “digital ownership”? You’ll need to do this if you haven’t.

Regards

Steve