Large Commercial Jet Add-On

I don't have the full package which I know includes the 787, I can't justify the cost for just the one additional aircraft I want. The additional airports don't interest me.

But having said that.

Are there any 777, 787, A330, A340 add on's available yet?

They will come but for now I feel you. I almost have buyer's regret for getting the "Premium Deluxe Edition" because The airliners are kind of screwed up right now. Having said that, I'm sure that with a few updates this sim will be awesome. Remember X-Plane 11.00? It sucked, but now it is a great sim. Just be patient.

They will come but for now I feel you. I almost have buyer's regret for getting the "Premium Deluxe Edition" because The airliners are kind of screwed up right now. Having said that, I'm sure that with a few updates this sim will be awesome. Remember X-Plane 11.00? It sucked, but now it is a great sim. Just be patient.

The new update coming up has aircraft improvements in it. I'm looking forward to this one, lets hope they take care of alot of the issues with the airliners. :)

Thermaltake Ryzen Gen 9 3900x 12 cores, 4.6 ghz 32 gig of Ram, Liquid Cooled Everything.

I'm itching to fly a big 10 or a Tristar in the new sim but realistically expect it will probably be well into next year at the earliest.

I suspect the main issue for developers is not so much converting their 3D models, sounds or adapting flight physics as how systems are integrated. The big jets in the game by default use a FMC to drive the autopilot (which is kind of broken at present) as opposed to the legacy "Acme" system in FS of old, which freeware developers in particular could just bolt on their aircraft with a few well placed buttons.

Vern.

I get the impression you think I have a problem?

I don’t, I love the game.

I Just want to fly long haul but not with the 747.

I was just curious if there was add ons for aircraft yet as the price for the version with the 787 isn’t worth it for the one aircraft I want. If not I’ll deal with it.

Addons for MSFS2020 are being on the table across developpers. So far NONE has been released.

They have to make it full xml, which they dont like because the security parameters were all embedded in gau or dll files. They have to use DRM and this learning-adapting means re-designing all the gau gauges in xml. Then they must integrate the FMC if the plane has one, so I reckon that releasing classic planes with no Garmin and no FMC and a basic autopilot would be much easier

Frankly, I dont know why would it take so much work-time to launch some planes, the xml format is easier to set, test, config, change. Im glad MSFS is forcing everyone to leave the gau and dll formats for good (closed and obscure in their format)

Besides this is not knew. FSX and P3D already indicated the xml was the way to go, but all developpers kept making gau and dll gauges

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think

Frankly, I dont know why would it take so much work-time to launch some planes, the xml format is easier to set, test, config, change. Im glad MSFS is forcing everyone to leave the gau and dll formats for good (closed and obscure in their format)

The big issue right now for more complex add-ons is that the SDK is not complete. And for what is there, the documentation is, in some cases, completely lacking.

For those looking for older aircraft, PMDG is planning on bringing their DC-6 to MSFS. No timeline for when this will happen though.

https://fselite.net/news/pmdg-development-update-ng3-in-msfs-777-update-and-more/

I actually relish the challenge of flying with the old style autopilot, used to love firing up the Captain Sim 707. So long as the integrity of the flight plan is preserved on saving/loading (something I hope Asobo and MS are working on anyway) that may be the quickest way of getting a third party tube in the game.
Vern.

I am waiting for a few more updates before I dive into the new MSFS. I might also wait to see if the 3rd Party developers start to develop for this simulator as that would be a very positive sign as to the shelf life of this product. I would like to see new addon sceneries, airports, etc, to improve on what Microsoft has built as stock MSFS2020. I think the 3rd party developers can do an excellent job of creating aircraft with better flight models. When they do, I will purchase this software. I can't wait for MSFS2020 to mature into the flight sim we are looking for.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

I am waiting for a few more updates before I dive into the new MSFS. I might also wait to see if the 3rd Party developers start to develop for this simulator as that would be a very positive sign as to the shelf life of this product. I would like to see new addon sceneries, airports, etc, to improve on what Microsoft has built as stock MSFS2020. I think the 3rd party developers can do an excellent job of creating aircraft with better flight models. When they do, I will purchase this software. I can't wait for MSFS2020 to mature into the flight sim we are looking for.

Well, at the moment the FlightSimCom file library contains 96 files of 3rd party MSFS addons. Just FYI.