This geezer is being taught new tricks by Squirrel on youtube

I've discovered the great MSFS Tutorials on YouTube by Squirrel and immediately subscribed to his channel. Very concise instructions, easy to follow, very detailed. I've enjoyed FSX-SE for quite a while now but MSFS 2020 is a whole nuther true learning curve challenge. I'm actually enjoying the process of discovery with this very complex sim.

Here is Tutorial #1 as an example -

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet." - Abe Lincoln HP Pavilion Desktop i5-8400@2.8ghz, 16gb RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD, GTX1650 4GB, 300 MBPS internet, 31.5" curved monitor, Logitech yoke-throttle, Flt Vel trim wheel, TFRP rudder pedals, G/M IR headset, Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Wheel Stand Pro S Dlx

I agree with you 100%. I have not been able to find any better instructions than given by Squirrel and would urge any others new to this sim to follow his advice on setting up and running the app.

I joined this forum to see if I can gain further insight and see too many negative remarks about the sim from many who do not appear to have set their systems up correctly in the first place and instead of seeking help from videos on YouTube rant on here instead.

The other source of information I use in the absence of a manual is https://store.flightsim.com/product/sofly-a-guide-to-flight-simulator-msfs-2020/ which is as cheap as chips and is updated regularly with new help and information.

Enjoy the experience.

ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO, AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080, 32mg ram, Dell AW3420DW (3440x1440@50Hz)

Yep, Squirrel has been making great Simulator content on Twitch and YouTube for years. He's really gotten into MSFS2020 recently.

That said, there are some excellent folks who make in-depth tutorials on many of the Avionics that Squirrel tends to leave out or hasn't gotten to yet. I recommend:

From P Gatcomb:

From 320 Sim Pilot

These are great when you are ready to move beyond the standard VFR types of flights.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Yes I too know that Squirrel isn't the only person making great Youtube videos and it is always welcome to learn of others which are good as I have seen many so called tutorials some of which have NO vocals (terrible) and others which are not very 'fluid' suggesting the author isn't really familiar with what they are trying to do.

Thanks again

John

Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Core i7-9700K 3.60 Ghz Dual 16Gb DDR4 2666

Gigabyte RTX2060 OC 6GB 2 X 256MB SSD drives 1 X 500GB HDD

Windows 10 64bit Home Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Thanks for the recommendations.

Yes I too know that Squirrel isn't the only person making great Youtube videos and it is always welcome to learn of others which are good as I have seen many so called tutorials some of which have NO vocals (terrible) and others which are not very 'fluid' suggesting the author isn't really familiar with what they are trying to do.

Thanks again

Yes, your last comment is very true (not that the others aren't!). I have been surprised a few times to see videos by folks who aren't all that sure what they are doing, so that viewers are being treated to a learning experience. Why videos like this are being posted is a bit hard to understand.