Toronto at Dusk

azzaro

Going downtown. The Big Smoke at the edge of legal daylight. This is technically an ultralight and them's the rules.

Toronto_dusk (1).jpg

A quick description of the scene. The vertical highway is the 400, the horizontal the 407. Pearson International is the grey patch between the 407 and Lake Ontario on the right. The runway on the left is Downsview, a former airbase and home of DeHavilland Canada, later Canadair, now Bombardier. Beyond that on the shore of the lake is downtown Toronto. Now the fourth largest city in North America, yes that includes Mexico City.

Toronto_dusk (2).jpg

A down view of Downsview.

Toronto_dusk (4).jpg

Highway 401 looking east. Busiest highway in North America. Non-stop rush hour, 50% trucks and 16 lanes across for most of it's run across Toronto.

Toronto_dusk (3).jpg

Turning to follow Yonge Street. The CN Tower and islands now clearly visible.

Toronto_dusk (6).jpg

Crossing St. Clair Avenue. This was the northern city limit about 100 years ago.

Toronto_dusk (5).jpg

Now we can just make out the south shore of the lake. Centered roughly on Rochester, New York.

Toronto_dusk (7).jpg

Turning final for runway 26 at Billy Bishop, Toronto Island Airport. The channel connecting to the lake proper hosts the worlds shortest ferry run. Roughly three boat lengths. There's a pedestrian tunnel and other ferries but there are no road links to the islands.

Toronto_dusk (8).jpg

My wife and I were married on a yacht about where the aircraft pillar is many, many years ago...

Toronto_dusk (10).jpg

And here we are at the fueling area. Ready for a night on the town, limited as that may be these days. -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Beautiful set with a great mini tour of Toronto!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Great shots Bob!! But I agree, you're certainly testing the fringes of daytime flying there! I'd be expecting a phone call if someone wrote down my numbers around here.:eek::eek:

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks guys. Picture order got kind of messed up somewhere along the way. 3 and 4 got flipped, 5 and 6 as well.

I hope I can get my uploading issues fixed soon this workaround is less than optimal. -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Looking great! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]