FS2020 has disappeared from my PC

Clicked on the icon to launch FS2020 today and it opens Microsoft store. Tried a number of times with the same result.

It's there in my library and even clicking on launch there opens Microsoft Store again.

Anyone else come across this?

I'm beginning to think that with other issues that this has been a real waste of money!

Clicked on the icon to launch FS2020 today and it opens Microsoft store. Tried a number of times with the same result.

It's there in my library and even clicking on launch there opens Microsoft Store again.

Anyone else come across this?

I'm beginning to think that with other issues that this has been a real waste of money!

It is doing that because you need to update with the first patch. It opens the Store window and downloads a part of the patch, then you start MSFS and the rest will be installed.

http://www.air-source.us/images/sigs/000219_195_jimskorna.png

It is doing that because you need to update with the first patch. It opens the Store window and downloads a part of the patch, then you start MSFS and the rest will be installed.

Well that may be so!

And in that event, the least I should be able to expect is some reasonable notification of what's happening.

I've had precisely the identical experience, to the point that I cleaned the folder out .... now I can't get either the patch or the program top install.

Very close to losing all remaining patience and wanting my money back!

It sounds like this is a twenty second century software (as opposed to the twenty first century) and people are not used to using it as it is so modern and people are used to older style menu's, etc. I don't own MSFS202 yet. The reason I have not purchased it yet is because of all these posts about it. I am going to wait awhile to take the plunge into MSFS2020. I would like to see a majority of the bugs to be worked out first before I spend my money. Hopefully, in a year after initial release.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus Motherboard, I9-10900K 5.1 Ghz, 64 GB 3200 DDR4 Ram, Nvidia RTX 4080 16GB V-Ram, 1 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For Windows 11, 2 TB NVMe M.2 Drive For MSFS, 850W P/S, HP Reverb G2 VR Headset, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit, Saitek Pro Flight Combat Rudder Pedals.

It sounds like this is a twenty second century software (as opposed to the twenty first century) and people are not used to using it as it is so modern and people are used to older style menu's, etc. I don't own MSFS202 yet. The reason I have not purchased it yet is because of all these posts about it. I am going to wait awhile to take the plunge into MSFS2020. I would like to see a majority of the bugs to be worked out first before I spend my money. Hopefully, in a year after initial release.

It depends what you want to do. I fly General Aviation VFR and once I figured out the way to use the autopilot I’ve had virtually no problems abd huge amounts of enjoyment.

Edited by Stevemill

It depends what you want to do. I fly General Aviation VFR and once I figured out the way to use the autopilot I’ve had virtually no problems abd huge amounts of enjoyment.

Well said Steve. A lot of the autopilot complaints must be from simmers who've only ever used the default FSX and FS2004 Bendix King autopilot, which operates nothing like the real thing and is over-simplified. The MSFS autopilot is far more realistic and catches out those who've never owned an IFR-equipped payware GA aircraft in their previous sim.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

There are no bugs in functionality. The ones that exist are normal and should be fixed

You are fed by bad midia (users that dont know how to use autopilot, install, configure joystick, setup waypoints, fly their way around) in short, BAD PILOTS

Interesting and the good thing is that MSFS2020 is less forgiving with poor flying skills. That means "more realistic" If you ever decide to jump into MSFS make sure you know how to fly and how to use your OS/computer

want an example? check the 2 last posts of this thread

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?325173-%C2%B4Free-Flight%C2%B4mode-unavailable-crashing

just follow any thread with problems and you will see it gets solved in the user side or others say everything is normal on their side.

Edited by Kapitan

Kapitan

Anything I say is...not as serious as you think