Oversized trees workaround

Vegetation seems way off in terms of size. Based on what I’ve seen, trees are 3 to 4 times higher than it should.

901747CD-C0E7-4B93-96AF-D2BA0C0D81B6.jpeg

Look how strange they are in the Sugar Loaf Mountain in Rio de Janeiro. One way to confirm oversized trees is to compare the trees that are close to buildings and there is a lot of trees that reach the equivalent to a 7 or 8 store building.

And here is the workaround:

There is XML file for different species of vegetation in \fs-base\vegetation directory. You can fix the parameters to reduce the tree size. You can change all vegetation or just specific bioma types like Connifer, Tropical, Jungle, Semi Tropical and like.

I’ve been to Amazon jungle a couple times and I can tell that even there the vegetation is wrong.

Now with the fixed XML file is much much better.

Sugar Loaf fixed.

61A955CF-B47A-4699-A637-75181B4C060B.jpeg

Credits to Matheus Molinari.

The overgrowth of the world is a riot... Between that and the weird artifacts of the photogrammetry process... WIth half melted buildings and cars, it really contributes to making the world like like the humans all died in a terrible war, and nature has taken over... Its like the primal forest meets Fallout4.

If there is any interest, to those who are using this very awesome tree fix, I have adjusted the Biome for the Southern California mountains to make them look a little less like a Southeast Asian rain forest to looking a little more like Southern California.

My fix is very similar to this tree size fix, and is intended to work with this tree fix. Basically took the two coastal and interior canyon biomes and adjusted the density of the foliage. Let me know if there is any interest in this.

If there is any interest, to those who are using this very awesome tree fix, I have adjusted the Biome for the Southern California mountains to make them look a little less like a Southeast Asian rain forest to looking a little more like Southern California.

My fix is very similar to this tree size fix, and is intended to work with this tree fix. Basically took the two coastal and interior canyon biomes and adjusted the density of the foliage. Let me know if there is any interest in this.

I will use it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Once again the patch is overwriting the vegetation species file. No mention from Microsoft in the Patch Notes with this respect.

So, trees will be oversized again after the patch.

I´ll give my two cents.

They do not mention but they have started to cramp the simulator in order to provide more performance. Trees texture seems, at least for me, way worst than the original release. It seems a simpler texture. ALso please check the water textures. It is also cramped down and a little grainy.

And the most obvious downgrade is in LOD parameters. No matter if it is in High or Ultra, LOD is now lower to say the least.

For the trees fix, please reinstall the file and we´re back to the fight with Microsoft patches.