"We are updating MSFS...."

I have been getting this message for the past 24 hours and intermittently before that:

"We’re updating Microsoft Flight Simulator. It should be ready to use again shortly."

I am obviously unable to run the program when this shows, although I was able to run things well before this, the usual bugs in a new program as expected.

I had a reasonably uncomplicated installation of FS2020 last week.

Am running a PC with plenty of power. I have rebooted several times.

I checked my network statistics to see if anything is being downloaded (it is not - no more than the usual background activity.)

I am not using Windows Insider, and my Win10 is up to date with all the latest stuff, at least according to the systems info.

Anyone else having this issue, and any solutions?

Thanks.

Perhaps the new patch, just released, solves the issue. A range of problems appear to have been fixed, for instance:

"The install process will no longer be blocked after a failed connection to servers"

^^:cool:^^

´´´\/```

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 48GB RAM, RTX 2070S, 2x1TB Nvme SSD. FSX Gold, XP-11, MSFS.

Thank you all.

#2 - MSFS bought directly from Microsoft - no second hands in the till.

#3 - no VPN in use

#5 - this morning what I presume to be a 333.2 MB patch was installed.

MSFS 2020 ran this morning just fine - we'll see what happens next.

• 3 weeks later...
I have been getting this message for the past 24 hours and intermittently before that:

"We’re updating Microsoft Flight Simulator. It should be ready to use again shortly."

I am obviously unable to run the program when this shows, although I was able to run things well before this, the usual bugs in a new program as expected.

I had a reasonably uncomplicated installation of FS2020 last week.

Am running a PC with plenty of power. I have rebooted several times.

I checked my network statistics to see if anything is being downloaded (it is not - no more than the usual background activity.)

I am not using Windows Insider, and my Win10 is up to date with all the latest stuff, at least according to the systems info.

Anyone else having this issue, and any solutions?

Thanks.

YES I have been getting it all day. For some reason, I had to apply local fix which tool over 24 hours. After that I was able to fly about an hour, then this starts :

We’re updating Microsoft Flight Simulator. It should be ready to use again shortly.

This sim might be nice if they ever finish it. This should not have shipped with this many problems.

I have an INtel I7

Nvidia 970

32 GB System Ram

6 TB of disk some SSD some internal WD drive(s)

I had high hopes but now I wll not touch this till they can fix it.

THIS IS AWFUL

Vaugn