My joystick still shows up with a big question mark on it. I have tried mapping various options but still no joy. It's very disappointing that a huge company like Microsoft issues software where users are expected to set up a joystick which works elsewhere without any problems like this. It seems that a lot of people have had to use the trial and error method. Pretty poor for the 21st Century. If anyone can help with setting up a Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold I would appreciate it. Otherwise an expensive bit of useless software.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Saitek joystick that I can calibrate it one place but shows up just as a question mark in the assignments screent and won't work at all. It works fie with FSX. Any help would be appreciated!

It seems to me that you can’t use the yoke for two or more sims ?????

Hi all. Have just set up the game, and have successfully configured my joystick axes and buttons as per instructions above. The problem I have now is that I'm finding that the controls are very all-or-nothing: e.g. if I pull back on the stick a little then nothing happens, but if I pull back a little more then suddenly I'm in a vertical climb. Same story with the throttle: reducing a little means nothing happens, reducing a bit more and suddenly the engine is at idle.

I know a lot of people are having problems with control sensitivity on FS2020 - am not sure whether this is that or something else. I've tried playing around with sensitivity (increasing / reducing both by small amounts and large amounts) but nothing seems to make much difference. As it is the game is pretty much unplayable - certainly no way I'd be able to land successfully with the controls as they are.

Anyone have any advice? If only all this were as straightforward as in FSX! Thanks in advance

Thank you VERY much for the tip! my sidewinder works now too. almost bought another one.

thanks again! Sierra12345.

Which tip is that please Sierra? As another Sidewinder2 user, it would also help to get the rundown on your settings as well please.

Fullflap

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Westridge 341,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! I am using an older Thrustmaster Fox 2 Pro joystick and have had a hell of a time making it work. Every time I managed to get up in the air, it was like flying in a hurricane. All it was turned out to be was wrong bindings. AILERON AXIS instead of left or right aileron, etc. Nobody tells you this up front. Anyway I can fly again, thank you so much.