First Shot in MSFS2020

I still don't know how to move the camera angle the way I want it? I still don't know how to get rid of all the data outputs? This aircraft has way more thrust than I expect it should and the drag isn't sufficient. The cockpit views are beautiful! It will be a learning curve to figure out how the assignments all work!!

MSFS1.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Pushback at KCLE. Pushback is awfully slow?? I wonder if I got the parking brake off???

KCLEpb.jpg

I7-9700K, RTX-2070, Asus Strix Z-390-H MB, 32gb G Skill 3000 CL15, Corsair Obsidian 750D case, WD Black 1tb M.2, Crucial CT500MX SSD, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PSU

Nice shots! Been watching posts and comments in other places. It sure is looking good!

It’s so hard to just go through all the functions in a new sim. We just want to fly!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Making want to upgrade my rig and other hardware like tomorrow!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Making want to upgrade my rig and other hardware like tomorrow!

Hey David,

I'm in no big hurry. Based on all I've read, my rig should do a pretty good job. But I've been enjoying the day in Arizona in Jan's green King Air.

I'll let the "firsters" fight it with it for a bit. Then when the initial dust clears, decide whether to jump in or wait for the first customer complaint based revisions.

And yes, I've already received ads from ORBX for downloadable 2020 scenery. So apparently Microsoft has been very proactive with the folks working on the add-ons as well. ;)

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I am not sure the park police would like this adventure, but I managed to land the Icon on Standing Bear Lake, out on the NW fringe of Omaha, NE. There is a model airplane field just to the left about 100 yards south. I could claim one of the RC guys forced me down!

Standing Bear Lake.jpg

Hey David,

I'm in no big hurry. Based on all I've read, my rig should do a pretty good job. But I've been enjoying the day in Arizona in Jan's green King Air.

I'll let the "firsters" fight it with it for a bit. Then when the initial dust clears, decide whether to jump in or wait for the first customer complaint based revisions.

And yes, I've already received ads from ORBX for downloadable 2020 scenery. So apparently Microsoft has been very proactive with the folks working on the add-ons as well. ;)

Michael

Of course I will be doing what you are. I'm definitely going to wait a bit. That will give me time to research, upgrade etc in preparation for when I pull the trigger.

I'm doing quite well currently with FSX. The screen shots are just cool as can be.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am not sure the park police would like this adventure, but I managed to land the Icon on Standing Bear Lake, out on the NW fringe of Omaha, NE. There is a model airplane field just to the left about 100 yards south. I could claim one of the RC guys forced me down!

Looking sharp. I see the VFR map. Is there such a thing as an IFR map?

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here are a few more.

The 787. GA over Bullard, TX. The Bonanza over the Duck Mountains of Canada. and The King Air on approach to KCOD Yellowstone Regional. The AI sent pilots twice on suicide missions on the flight from Buffalo to Cody, Wyoming. I had to take over before they killed a third guy!

787ataltitude.jpg

Bullard.jpg

DuckMtn.jpg

KingAir KCOD.jpg

Still more nice shots! How does the cockpit views do?

I'm curious because I mostly fly inside the plane. And the several early cockpit shots I've seen always show a number, which I assume is frames per second. That number is good to show as a form of brag-ware, I suppose. But IMO, it takes reality away from the flight! I hope that feature can be easily turned off!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Here are three shots. The Longitude, the 172 (Old style), and the Diamond 62.

LongCockpit.jpg

C172CP.jpg

DiamondCP.jpg

What hardware are you running and how are the frame rates overall? Michael has a good question there.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am running an I7-9700K, RTX2070, 32gb of 3000 ram, Asus ROG Strix Z-390 MB, a 1920x1200 monitor with a 59 refresh rate. I am lucky to have a fast internet speed. I have my frames limited to 30 fps. Before I put the limit on, I was running the 59 fps limited by vsync, but i didn't test it in a dense urban area like New York or Chicago. Most of my flying is in the middle of the country, out in the rural areas, most used airports are KFMZ and KMCI. Those don't tax the system the way London or LAX would. Based on fan speeds, this seems to be less demanding than X-Plane 11.4, not much harder than FSX, but I have that set maxed out. I am running the new sim at a mix of high and ultra settings, except i have clouds at medium. The odd monitor size is now my limiting factor. Next upgrade is a 1440p monitor. I have the sim on a Western Digital Black M.2 and the operating system on a SSD. I am running quite smoothly, and i have not had the stutters others have mentioned, but that may be due to a 79 mb internet connection running direct from modem via CAT7 ethernet. Edited by plainsman

I am running an I7-9700K, RTX2070, 32gb of 3000 ram, Asus ROG Strix Z-390 MB, a 1920x1200 monitor with a 59 refresh rate. I am lucky to have a fast internet speed. I have my frames limited to 30 fps. Before I put the limit on, I was running the 59 fps limited by vsync, but i didn't test it in a dense urban area like New York or Chicago. Most of my flying is in the middle of the country, out in the rural areas, most used airports are KFMZ and KMCI. Those don't tax the system the way London or LAX would. Based on fan speeds, this seems to be less demanding than X-Plane 11.4, not much harder than FSX, but I have that set maxed out. I am running the new sim at a mix of high and ultra settings, except i have clouds at medium. The odd monitor size is now my limiting factor. Next upgrade is a 1440p monitor. I have the sim on a Western Digital Black M.2 and the operating system on a SSD. I am running quite smoothly, and i have not had the stutters others have mentioned, but that may be due to a 79 mb internet connection running direct from modem via CAT7 ethernet.

Thanks for the information! I believe I will be upgrading prior to getting the new sim.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The graphics are great, there is still some work to be done on the flight models.

Thanks!!

• 7 months later...

Navy T-45C Goshawk Trainer in Thunderstorm - MSFS 2020 - by Gpurg 1.jpg

Screenshot of the T-45C Goshawk NAVY Jet Trainer over New Mexico in a Thunderstorm. I flew all over Southern NM for 45 minutes and took 28 screenshots. This one was the best of the bunch. Hope you enjoy it.

The T-34C Goshawk by INDIAFOXTECHO is well worth the cost and performs very predictably. Remember, it is a Jet "Trainer", and not a 1 to 1 Powered Fighter.. I found it to be a Great Add-On to MSFS.

AMD Ryzen-7, 4800H, 4th Gen Radeon Graphics 2.90 - 32GB DDR4 - 512GB SSD Boot, 1TB HD, 1TB SSD - NVIDIA GeForce RTX2060 6GB - ASUS TUF Gaming A15 Dedicated Gaming Laptop - Windows 10 Home - 55" Samsung 1920 x 1080 - MSFS Settings on High and Many on Ultra, with no jitter or lag. HOTAS Control - Std Logitech X52.