Use of CH products with FS2020

I have enjoyably been using a CH yoke and pedals with FS2004 for years. I've put in an order for the Premium Deluxe version of FS2020. While I am looking forward to seeing all of the promised environmental improvements, I am not at all interested in flying 777s and such into some out of the way place in Southeast Asia - as realistic appearing as they may appear. Rather, I actually own and fly (and love!) a Cessna 150 and am looking forward to flying the 152 that will be available in this program around he States. My question to the Alpha and Beta testers among us: Will I still be able to use the CH equipment I have - or need I buy new stuff?

Thanks.

Unfortunately we can’t answer due to the NDA.

Only a week to go though

Regards

Steve

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

If a controller is not officially supported, you can still map/assign functions to each input of your yokes, joysticks and pedals.

Q: What are the recommended peripherals to use to play Microsoft Flight Simulator?

A: Most peripherals will work, but here is our list of top recommendations.

Logitech

Extreme 3D Pro Joystick

Flight Rudder Pedals

Flight Throttle Quadrant

Flight Yoke System

X52

X52 Pro

X56 H.O.T.A.S

Thrustmaster

TCA Sidestick Airbus Edition

F/A-18 Grip

HOTAS WARTHOG (stick + throttle)

MFD Cougar

Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder

T.Flight Stick X

T.16000M FCS (stick only)

T.16000M FCS Hotas (stick + throttle)

T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (stick + throttle + rudder)

T.Flight HOTAS 4

T.Flight HOTAS One

T.Flight HOTAS X

T-Flight Rudder Pedals

TWCS Throttle

Virtual Fly

Ruddo+

TQ3+

TQ6+

V3rnio TPM

Yoko+

Microsoft

Xbox Controller

Xbox Adaptive Controller

Please note if your peripherals are not on the list above, it is expected for them to still work but with more customization by the user to map the keys properly.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I've seen some videos where the user was using ch yoke/rudders so you should be ok.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

Oops!

is there anyone that flies the beta with a ch yoke?

There seems to be no profile (yet?) for the mapping of buttons and switches of the ch yoke, so i did it manually, that was easy enough thanks to the clear menu's.

Everything works fine now except........... The pov hat switch (for me really the most needed thing in this exploring, sightseeing phase). I tried everything i know but can't get it to work.

So i hope there's someone here on avsim who's got it working and willing to share the "secret" to it.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

A POV (Point Of View) hat switch has 4 or 8 "buttons". So maybe you have to individually add a view direction to each "button" of the hat. FSX had POV right in the configuration menu.

CHProducts items are seen as joysticks, so it should not be a problen to assign.

--

I believe that the Yoke, Rudders, etc. are analogue 'based' products. Thus, they should work with the new Microsoft Flight Simulator.

However ---

does anyone know if GOFLIGHT is working on making their MCP-PRO functional with Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020?

Thank you.

p22w

New York

I am trying to use my CH Products yoke and rudder pedals with FS2020, but so far have had no success. If anyone could provide some guidance I would be very grateful. If there are menus available I cannot find them. A profile would be desirable but does not seem to exist yet.

Jim Kaye

Good grief. If I can't even use my CH Products yoke and pedals this will be a huge deal breaker for me. I'm not going out to buy other crap just for this Sim. As it is, my yoke is permanently mounted to my L-shaped desk.

So far from what I'm reading about this Sim seems less and less impressive to me. Maybe, just maybe future updates will fix this crap.

I have the CH Flight SIM Yoke and CH Pro Pedals. I had to manually assign a function to each control in the Controls/Preset Manager screen. The button assignments diagram is here: http://www.chproducts.com/files/chproducts/Retail-Quickstarts/200-615-Flight-Sim-Yoke.pdf

Don't be like tiger1962 - remember to calibrate your yoke and pedals in Windows 10 before flying! To get to the Windows 10 calibration app, press the Windows key+R and type joy.cpl. Your controllers will be listed in the Game Controllers window.

Edited by tiger1962

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

actually, for CH Flight Sim yoke you need the CH Control Manager app... available on the CH Products website. Windows 10 does not support calibration anymore.

Asus Z590 P, Intel I7-10700K, nVidia RTX 4070, 64gb ram(3200), 2 nvme ssd (2 tb total),

Samsung QN90B 43" 4k@120hz, Bose Companion 5 PC speakers, Velocity Flight One

actually, for CH Flight Sim yoke you need the CH Control Manager app... available on the CH Products website. Windows 10 does not support calibration anymore.

Yes it does, I don't have the CH Control Manager installed because it's not necessary. Just press the Windows key+R and type joy.cpl.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I have the yoke and throttle working, but do not have the mixture and prop set up yet. Still do not have the rudder pedals and brakes working.

Jim Kaye

Hello, could you tell me how you did that. The analog axes don't work for me. They are recognized and displayed, but somehow it doesn't work. Could you post a scene shot? thank you

I have enjoyably been using a CH yoke and pedals with FS2004 for years. I've put in an order for the Premium Deluxe version of FS2020. While I am looking forward to seeing all of the promised environmental improvements, I am not at all interested in flying 777s and such into some out of the way place in Southeast Asia - as realistic appearing as they may appear. Rather, I actually own and fly (and love!) a Cessna 150 and am looking forward to flying the 152 that will be available in this program around he States. My question to the Alpha and Beta testers among us: Will I still be able to use the CH equipment I have - or need I buy new stuff?

Thanks.

Well I had the same problem with my CH Flightsim Yoke and work my ass out the past 3 days to assign the yoke but for me it want work!Wait until some had a solution for it!But i allready bought another JoyStick.

Thanks.

SKYDOC01....I have the Delux vs of FS2020 and CH Products for Yoke,Pedals, Throttle Quadrant, and GF-MCP PRO Autopilot. What I find is a total LACK of switch/buttons/axis assignment capability, as we have with FS9. The only thing I could get to work was the Aileron and Elevator --- No Rudder pedals/brakes...Absolutely NOTHING worked on the Throttle Quad - Axis/Button assignments, etc. No Autopilot...

I've quaried this Forum about this....so far no reply.

I don't have the CH Control Manager installed because it's not necessary. Just press the Windows key+R and type joy.cpl.

I agree, NEVER used the CH Control Manager, even in FSX. NOT NEEDED.

For pete's sake, there are plenty of videos on YouTube for help. Just search "microsoft flight simulator 2020 controls"

This is a bit ridiculous. What looks to be a groundbreaking sim released before they have control files for the most common flight controls. Casual users will not figure out "mapping" any time soon. Should have been plug and play from release.

I'm new here but just in case this helps any one here is how I have my CH Products Flight Sim Yoke set up for flying a 152. (Click on the CH Flight Sim Yoke UsB tab under controls) Filter by All and search for these

Before you so this, windows search for "joy" and configure the yoke. Follow instructions.

Then

Ailerons axis

Elevator axis

Extend flaps

Retract flaps

Elevator trim down

Elevator trim up

Throttle 1 axis

Brakes

Cock pit external view mode

Quickview left

Quickview right

Quick view rear

Toggle landing cockpit mode

Set all of these to what ever buttons you want. The ailerons and elevator axis are obviously the left right and push pull respectively.

Hope this helps

This YouTube video should help...

https://youtu.be/uWeg2TA0oZ4

I suspect eventually CH Products will have presets in future updates of the sim

I have CH Products Fighterstick and Pro Throttle and they work perfectly in FS2020. They are not recognised or configured automatically, but it is not hard to manually configure and set up. I can use all the axis and buttons, even the miniature joystick/thumbstick on the Pro Throttle for external view axis and it actually works better than using the 8-way hat switch.
i5-10600K @ 5.0 GHz, Gigabyte Z490M motherboard, RTX 2080 Super 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Quest 2, Windows 10 64-bit