Buying MS FS 2020 on steam or MS store?

Wondering what way to go? MS official purchase or through Steam, will there be any pro's and con's either way?

Will all future add ons work as well in both? They dont for some other sims.

Intend to buy the full version.

I ordered mine direct from MS

A lot of people like Steam & prefer to order from Steam. Personally I’m not a fan & don’t fancy having to run the Steam Client software in the background while I run FS

Other people swear by it. Sorry to confuse things :)

Regards

Steve

Edited by g7rta

Intel I9-13900K - Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX - 64Gb DDR5 5600Mhz - Asus RTX4090 ROG STRIX 24GB

3x 43” Panasonic 4k TVs - Corsair RMx 1200W PSU - 2 x 2TB M.2,  2 x 4TB SATA III and 1 x 4TB M.2 SSDs.

Pico 4  VR Headset - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Unit

Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals - Saitek Throttles

I also pre-ordered from MS Store because it was available there first. I've no idea if updates, patches and add-ons will also be available on MS Store first... I have a Steam account with several games in my library but someone in Hanoi keeps trying to hack into it. I got fed up with the email notifications about it and uninstalled Steam last week. "Apres moi le deluge" as 617 Sqn say.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

I ordered mine direct from MS

A lot of people like Steam & prefer to order from Steam. Personally I’m not a fan & don’t fancy having to run the Steam Client software in the background while I run FS

Other people swear by it. Sorry to confuse things :)

Regards

Steve

Just checked, fired up latest Beta FS 2020 build and nothing else seems to get fired up too in background, tried a test just now too of a typical Steam game and yes it does fire up the Steam client for launch, but checking post game launch its using no resources I can detect at all, wont be checking it for hours to be sure though and do like Steam a lot ... but I think you are right, on this occasion I'll buy from Microsoft, cant go wrong that way for future proofing add ons ETC especially :)

I also pre-ordered from MS Store because it was available there first. I've no idea if updates, patches and add-ons will also be available on MS Store first... I have a Steam account with several games in my library but someone in Hanoi keeps trying to hack into it. I got fed up with the email notifications about it and uninstalled Steam last week. "Apres moi le deluge" as 617 Sqn say.

I agree Tim! I let Steam go some time for the same reason! They must have a very porous security system.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Can you believe I just got another one, this time it's someone in Recife!

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64