More 747 Cargos on The Approach (in The USA)!

Hi!

Some more default Boeing 747 cargos on the approach! That time in the USA

cargoB001.jpg

Morning arrival over LA!

cargoB002.jpg

Landed at KLAX

cargoB003.jpg

Two views at Anchorage now! That first one...

cargoB004.jpg

... and that second one!

cargoB005.jpg

Closing to Memphis, Tennessee a famed cargo hub!

cargoB006.jpg

... continued at Memphis!

-- those views with:

.boxed FSX Gold Edition with the Acceleration Pack

.the default FSX Boeing 747 cargo, I tweaked under several aspects, and made liveries for; using the ENBSeries for FSX freeware to improve light bloom from inside the flightdeck or outside views

.weather with http://www.plane-pics.de/fsxwx/home.htm FSXWX

.the freeware shader adjuster rdart78 and textures set --

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Great shots!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice set! Always like seeing the freighters.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Nice set! Always like seeing the freighters.

Yep! The 747s unluckily and some few companies excepted will mostly serve now like cargo planes!

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

Yep! The 747s unluckily and some few companies excepted will mostly serve now like cargo planes!

You're right about the cargo part. DHL, FedEx, & UPS all fly a ton of them. They love the net weight of cargo capacity!! I fear the fuel consumption issues of four engines and that wide body made them a much lower priority as passenger aircraft.

Now that the passenger seat-backs are about as wide as the between seat consoles used to be on a 707 or 747, everyone wants a super long, super slim, twin engine plane. Or at least every airlines' accountants seem to! The passengers being crammed aboard are generally less than thrilled!

But then again, the concerns of passengers haven't been of interest compared to profit margin since airline deregulation occurred! :mad::(

Michael

Edited by Rupert
Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

But then again, the concerns of passengers haven't been of interest compared to profit margin since airline deregulation occurred!

Totally agree. Finally a luck I didn't flew any commercial since a while :):) Flying aboard is not a privilege but a great experience in any case, and must come with all the thrills: captain's greeting when boarding and unboarding, crew profesionality, free newspapers, drinks, meals, shop and all that even in tourist class. I came to be accustomed to that, when often flying to and from France when a French cooperant civil culturel. Until then my student revenue had only allowed me to some charter flight

Totally agree. Finally a luck I didn't flew any commercial since a while :):) Flying aboard is not a privilege but a great experience in any case, and must come with all the thrills: captain's greeting when boarding and unboarding, crew profesionality, free newspapers, drinks, meals, shop and all that even in tourist class. I came to be accustomed to that, when often flying to and from France when a French cooperant civil culturel. Until then my student revenue had only allowed me to some charter flight

Wow!! You are so out of the loop!! You're lucky today to get half of that respect in 1st class!! Or in Business class maybe 1/3 on a scheduled commercial airline. Really, now a days that level of service is pretty much limited to some charter flights only!!

That's why whenever possible, when I travel intercontinental these days I take a voyage on a ship! Yes it's 7 to 8 nights each way North America to Europe because they slowed the ships down for the benefit of the experience. But I'm not in a hurry these days anyway!

And no, drunken party cruises and Disney World cruise trips aren't voyages on ships!! IMO, They're artificial recreation for those who really don't have a life! :eek::eek:

Michael

Edited by Rupert

I just remembered a response I sent on on the 307s. I think it applies here as well.

Knowing nothing about the 307s, I just looked it up in Wikipedia. It was described as for normal passenger service having a crew of six and carrying thirty three passengers.

Most of those skinny two-holers carrying passengers today have a crew of about six to eight and carry hundreds of passengers.

Isn't deregulation great!!

Wow!! You are so out of the loop!!

Proud to be! :cool: :cool:

And what I wrote is true. That was the service we had when flying a 2-hour flight in the usual class!!