Back again - same problem - now wanting refund!

Ralie25

Hello all,

As you may have seen, I've been having problems with the Nemeth Ec130 in the rain. I've posted in the Nemeth forums, and have tried to contact them, and have had no response. So, could anyone suggest a way to contact the Nemeth team? Ultimately I believe I am entitled to a refund as the product is faulty - I can't use it because it won't fly in the rain. Second option; could someone put their absolute strength behind this and help me to fix the problem... The problem is, for those that don't know, is that when I fly the ND EC130 in the rain, I get a solid black windscreen in the VC. The aircraft is unflyable because I have no way of seeing the outside.

So, any help appreciated, lets get this done!

Best

It just occurred to me that the executable from Flight1 may only detect FSX. If that is the case and that executable doesn't work, here are the textures that are used. I'm not even sure if these textures are the same in P3D or not, but it sounds like they are. Be sure to read the ReadMe file. I'd backup your originals first to the desktop. Even though there are .bak files in here.

https://app.box.com/s/i5z62ww1q0ggmoka37yjknbv98bqwc0d

It just occurred to me that the executable from Flight1 may only detect FSX. If that is the case and that executable doesn't work, here are the textures that are used. I'm not even sure if these textures are the same in P3D or not, but it sounds like they are. Be sure to read the ReadMe file. I'd backup your originals first to the desktop. Even though there are .bak files in here.

https://app.box.com/s/i5z62ww1q0ggmoka37yjknbv98bqwc0d

What I have found works great to fool the installer. rename any .exe file to FSX.exe and place it into your p3d folder.

Thanks to both of you for your input. I was holding out hope when I read CRJ_simpilot's post as it sounded like a logical fix. Unfortunately, after following the readme instructions (you were right the Flight1 programme doesn't work for P3D), I still have the same problem. Did everything the readme told me to do, and the VC windows are still black in the EC130 in rain.

Eberhardh, would your suggestion help even though the new textures didn't work??

Anyone else have any ideas as to why this problem is occurring?? Surely I can't be the only one to have had difficulty with it. Please keep the suggestions coming!

Thanks

Hello all,

As you may have seen, I've been having problems with the Nemeth Ec130 in the rain. I've posted in the Nemeth forums, and have tried to contact them, and have had no response. So, could anyone suggest a way to contact the Nemeth team? Ultimately I believe I am entitled to a refund as the product is faulty - I can't use it because it won't fly in the rain. Second option; could someone put their absolute strength behind this and help me to fix the problem... The problem is, for those that don't know, is that when I fly the ND EC130 in the rain, I get a solid black windscreen in the VC. The aircraft is unflyable because I have no way of seeing the outside.

So, any help appreciated, lets get this done!

Best

Is this aircraft for P3d? If not, you won't get it `fixed` as there is nothing to fix.

Look again at the compatibility... is it for YOUR version of P3Dv4?

Mallcott, short answer is yes, it is for P3D. It says it is ok for P3D V4, I purchased P3D about 3 months ago, I believe I have V4.5. Anyway, the product description says that it is for P3D V4, no mention of a specific version, so anyone purchasing, including myself, will assume it is for all P3D V4 versions.

Please if anyone is unable to think of a solution, send me a way of contacting the team at Nemeth Designs. I have posted in their forum and have emailed them a few times without any response. Very frustrating!

Thanks

Mallcott, short answer is yes, it is for P3D. It says it is ok for P3D V4, I purchased P3D about 3 months ago, I believe I have V4.5. Anyway, the product description says that it is for P3D V4, no mention of a specific version, so anyone purchasing, including myself, will assume it is for all P3D V4 versions.

Please if anyone is unable to think of a solution, send me a way of contacting the team at Nemeth Designs. I have posted in their forum and have emailed them a few times without any response. Very frustrating!

Thanks

No. It SAYS for P3D.

But nowhere does it state P3dv4.x....

Well one would assume that it would be for the latest version of P3D. If it wasn't intended for my version, it should have stated that.

Was P3Dv4 even released when the EC130 was? If not, you have no right to expect it to be compatible and need to change your expectations to suit.

The EC130B4 was released by Nemeth Brothers in July 2014.... P3dV4.x in April 2019.

No compatibility? The Black windows suggest that is the problem...

Was P3Dv4 even released when the EC130 was? If not, you have no right to expect it to be compatible and need to change your expectations to suit.

The EC130B4 was released by Nemeth Brothers in July 2014.... P3dV4.x in April 2019.

No compatibility? The Black windows suggest that is the problem...

+1! I'm sure there are other issues still awaiting as well. Backwards compatibility is always a tough nut to crack!!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I hear you both, but I totally disagree. Your point about - was the 130 released when P3D V4 was... - is invalid. The fact is, on their website, they say the 130 is usable in P3D V4. Unless we're all experienced flight sim users like you both, we will assume that when they say it is usable in P3D V4, we assume and expect it to be usable with ALL versions of P3D V4. I mean I don't even know what version of V4 I have, that's a VERY specific detail. As I am not like you both, an experience flight sim user, there needs to be a clearer indication that the product may not work with certain versions of P3D V4. I'm a Joe Bloggs of the flight sim world as I only returned recently after about 8 years away. If something says it works in P3D V4, me like a lot of other newbies, will assume ALL versions of P3D V4 - it literally is as simple as that.

That aside, lets use common sense here, the average gamer isn't going to know the difference between each version of P3D and if it is said the product will work with V4, then they'll expect it to work with their version. I'm repeating myself here because I want to ram home the point. In addition, if we use common sense, there's no need to get frustrated with what I'm saying, I'm simply a user having problems with my product. Again - common sense - if the product is indeed not for P3D V4.5, then there should be a warning - at the risk of sounding like I am saying it is misleading - I personally think that it is.

Anyway, there's no big deal about it, lets just try to find a solution. Can anyone like me to any form of way to contact the Nemeth Designs team??

Many thanks