Atc default radio frequency edit?

Prostock

Need to know if I can edit the Default Active ATC Frequency to be tuned to a Non Active frequency in the air.cfg or which file it's located in so I can change it.

I need to change it because when I start my sim & ATC speaks, it cuts off my headphones so I can't hear. I need to shut down & restart either Team Speak or Discord communication program and reopen after I manually change the ATC Frequency to Non Active. The problem is I forget to manually change the frequency before the speak. Hope that's not too confusing. Thanks

May be even simpler to redo your "Default" flight and keep it the way you have it now but re-tune Comm1 to a different freq. Start your Default flight, make the freq. change, then hit ; "semicolon", recheck the box for "save as Default Flight" and hit SAVE. Edited by mrzippy

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

another possibility is having your voice program ts/discord running as "administrator" level. You can certainly try it and see. Of course, then I hope they don't block FS then same way. My Discord is set that way and I hear game 'radio' when I fly multiplayer I believe.

Loyd

Hooked since FS4... now flying:

self-built i7-4790 at 4 GHz; GA-Z97X mobo; GTX 970; 16GB gskill;

quiet, fast and cool running.

Win 7/64: 840 EVO OS; 840 EVO (500G) game drive;

Win10/64: 850 EVO (500G) for OS and games

A few Flightsim videos on YouTube at CanyonCorners

Loyd - I run both as Administrator. I have them both start & run in Admin through their settings. Thanks for suggestion.

Mr. Zippy - I wanted to edit each plane's configs. I fly different planes, so that would not work. Yes, I have my airport and a default plane set as my Start Up, but when I change to the plane I'm going to fly and get my flight underway, I forget to change ATC Frequency and they start blabbin LOL and screw up my Headset. Oh, well. Maybe someone will have another idea. I think I'll go dig around in a config or two and see what I can figure out. Thanks

Mr. Zippy - I wanted to edit each plane's configs. I fly different planes, so that would not work. Yes, I have my airport and a default plane set as my Start Up, but when I change to the plane I'm going to fly and get my flight underway, I forget to change ATC Frequency and they start blabbin LOL and screw up my Headset.

When you save a default flight with your radios set as you like them, changing to the plane you're going to fly should keep those settings. If the plane you're going to fly (which you haven't told us about yet) has it's own panel settings for cold & dark startup etc., you may need to set the radios in those panel settings, if the option is available, it may be that the radios can be either On or Off at startup.

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

Loyd - I run both as Administrator. I have them both start & run in Admin through their settings. Thanks for suggestion.

Mr. Zippy - I wanted to edit each plane's configs. I fly different planes, so that would not work. Yes, I have my airport and a default plane set as my Start Up, but when I change to the plane I'm going to fly and get my flight underway, I forget to change ATC Frequency and they start blabbin LOL and screw up my Headset. Oh, well. Maybe someone will have another idea. I think I'll go dig around in a config or two and see what I can figure out. Thanks

By re-configuring your default flight and saving it, any aircraft you choose will start with the Comm1 radio tuned to the freq you set. Problem solved!

STOP THE PRESSES - Thank you again Mr. Zippy, Problem Solved. I didn't realize it would save the frequency & be set to any plane I chose. I just did as you suggested & Problem Solved. Thank you again. You are an asset to Flight Sim, this Group & Especially me. Salute!!!! Edited by Prostock

STOP THE PRESSES - Thank you again Mr. Zippy, Problem Solved. I didn't realize it would save the frequency & be set to any plane I chose. I just did as you suggested & Problem Solved. Thank you again. You are an asset to Flight Sim, this Group & Especially me. Salute!!!!

Glad it worked out for you! Time for some more coffee!:D