Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 'cheat'

1. Default

Win 10 does suck. There is no other way to put it. Win 8, my friend ran that. I was always reminded of it when he loaded up his aircraft screen and the preview was black with no aircraft showing. Some of his payware gauges didn't work on it either, can't remember which ones, it was a known issue by the developers with Win 8.

You can't beat Win 7 and XP.

Regarding hacks, I've read, without exaggeration, likely thousands of posts talking about how you MUST have Windows security.
    I can't recall every reading one single solitary post regarding a Win XP user being hacked in all these years after his OS no longer received Windows updates. They are just happy people and all their old software works!
    Mark Daniels

With Win XP, I run Firefox (in safe mode). I used to run in regular mode but having an adblocker slowed it down too much. Firefox provides free Norton Security suite which works fine. Also scan with Superantispyware several times a week.
    Mr Zippy Sent from my keyboard using "Whackamole", NudgeAKey + 2 Fingers

Emachines T3418 AMD 3400+ processor 2GHZ/256KB L2 Cashe 2Gig Ram 160Gig HDD NVidia GEForce 6100 GPU Running WinXP Home Can't believe it still works! Running FSX Standard with SP1 and SP2

Blog Entries

My pc with W7 is strictly a gaming pc.

I have my iPhone and my other newer desktop with W10 as everyday internet machines.
    So no I’m not upgrading anytime soon.
    Dell XPS X8300 Intel core i7-2600(3.4 GHZ,8 MB Cache) 8 GB memory 1.5 TB HDD 2 GB Nvidia 1050 ti graphics card Windows 7

I liked XP Pro, a great fast OS.

That said, there's absolutely nothing wrong with Win 10 that a little creative work with a sledgehammer and a screwdriver will not fix.

The trick is not to run it on Microsoft's terms, but to make it run on YOUR terms. There are plenty of articles out on the Internet that tells you how you can customize it to run the way you want it.

Jorgen

Quote Originally Posted by kalizzi View Post
    I'm sticking with my 7 too
    Me too!
    Intel 4790K @ 4.7Ghz, MSI Z97 Gaming 7 motherboard, Noctua NH-U12S cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2133 MHz RAM, nVidia GTX 970 GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

I liked XP a lot, then I got Win7 on another machine which I liked too. As time went on I upgraded to Win10 and I didn't like it, I ran it for a while but in the end I downgraded or should I say I upgraded to Win7 again and I will stick with it for as long as possible.

Col.

What did you not like about Windows 10?
    The Start Menu GUI, can be replaced to look like Windows 7 for free, so cannot be that.

Windows 7 is optimized to work on hardware from that era, whereas, as Windows 10,being constantly evolving, is obviously better on current hardware.
    I've found no issues with any of my installs of FS2004 at all, on my i5 8gb laptop, in fact, the sims seem to run a bit smoother and faster.
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

You don't have to run Win 10 the way it comes out of the box from Microsoft.

I run everything off the desktop, have set Windows Updates to occur when I decide to run them, and taken out all the bloatware (read: Cortana, for instance) that MS saw fit to "provide".

Result: a fast, reliable OS, that runs FSX, P3D v. 4.5 plus some legacy software without any issues.

Jorgen

I've read a few threads like this, some will and have problems with Win10 others found it works fine.

I remember my very first Windows, it was Windows 3.1 for Workgroups, then I got Windows 95, then Windows 98, then Windows ME which I liked as well, skipped NT and 2000 then Got Windows XP, I got Windows 7 Ultimate, I tried Windows 8 on another machine and wasn't keen, so got rid. then I upgraded to Windows 10, now I'm back to Windows 7.

Name:  Windows series.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  23.4 KB

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    I've found no issues with any of my installs of FS2004 at all
    Except your FS wouldn't start at all under Win 10. So now you have it running under Win XP SP2 compatibility and are telling everyone else to do the same. So that means now your FS itself is a far greater security risk than that of any Win XP SP3 user or Win 7 user.

That's how it works. lol
    Mark Daniels

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast