FS2004 Portland to San Fransisco B739ER

Wow. Whenever I see FS2004 shots, I often wonder why I ever changed to FSX! Very nice! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

haha thanks! i've tried FSX (I own the Gold edition) and i've found it to be very hard to run. FS004 i get 50-60 no problem, (60hz refresh rate monitor) but with FSX I got 15-40 with low settings. turn it up and my FPS got a boost up to 35-50, but that was default so I don't think it would do well with the PMDG and addons. for me its "i've got a sim that others wish they could have, i've got my FPS, i've got the addons, I know the thing inside and out. why upgrade? for shadows, better ground textures? more autogen? to me it's not worth the cost of FPS for extra eye candy. i'm content and can fly my heart out.

that said, if you ever think of coming back to FS9, I can give you some pointers to make it look almost like FSX minus self casting shadows on the airplane!

haha thanks! i've tried FSX (I own the Gold edition) and i've found it to be very hard to run. FS004 i get 50-60 no problem, (60hz refresh rate monitor) but with FSX I got 15-40 with low settings. turn it up and my FPS got a boost up to 35-50, but that was default so I don't think it would do well with the PMDG and addons. for me its "i've got a sim that others wish they could have, i've got my FPS, i've got the addons, I know the thing inside and out. why upgrade? for shadows, better ground textures? more autogen? to me it's not worth the cost of FPS for extra eye candy. i'm content and can fly my heart out.

that said, if you ever think of coming back to FS9, I can give you some pointers to make it look almost like FSX minus self casting shadows on the airplane!

Well, with my new computer and so addons, I’m happy with the performance and some other aspects. (I’m including my signature info this time). Still there is something about FS2004 that is different when I see the shots recently.

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, the problem of FSX is that it's not a 64-bit application, as Windows 10 is built upon that. Wonder whether some, here, are using FSX with a older 32-bit system
Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

The CPU-Z benchmark (with comparison to all other CPUs out there) is here http://valid.x86.fr/bench/sdxsjk . The 'K' means you can overclock it, but then you should get water cooling to be safe. My i7 2600K does 'ok' in FSX (locked at 30 fps) and FS9 is also locked at 30 fps but can get 680 fps. My i7 is 3.5 ghz but will turbo boost to 3.877 ghz (must turn that on in BIOS). But mulit thread is useless with FS9 and FSX as they are single thread so affinity mask (if correct!) is almost a 'must' with FSX. I am happy with my i7 and will overclock and water cool it before I buy a 'faster' (more expen$ive) CPU. Your FS9 looks fantastic.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Thanks!!! If I turbo boost it to 3.877, do I need to get water cooling to do so? what about an air cooler? i've been wanting to take it to 4.0ghz but with a base of 3.4, the turbo boost would help even.

also I'd take off the 30fps limit on FS9. it is much more enjoyable at 60fps and your PC can handle that easily. just a suggestion.