KLM Ball and Stripes classic 1960s livery - Fleet repaints

Hey there fellas,

Back again.

I especially want to congratulate the Dutch members here, the enigmatic Peer, and the ever talented Jans. This year is the centenary year of KLM in regard to the start of operations. It was way back on 17 May1920 that the national carrier of the Netherlands made its first flight from Amsterdam to London in a deHaviland D.H.16 . So, also being one of my favourite carriers, I wish to dedicate these repaints to an airline from relatively small Netherlands which is a Giant in the annals of world airline and aviation history - KLM Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij N.V. Hopefully they will be around for another 100 years more. :pilot:

I did these repaints, as it is my favourite KLM livery. Pure classic.

The planes:

DC-7C(F)

2a KLM DC-7F.jpg

2b KLM DC-7F.jpg

2c KLM DC-7F.jpg

L-188C

7a KLM L-188.jpg

7b KLM L-188.jpg

7c KLM L-188.jpg

Viscount 803

8a KLM Viscount 803.jpg

8b KLM Viscount 803.jpg

8c KLM Viscount 803.jpg

BAC-111-300

1a KLM BAC-111-300.jpg

1b KLM BAC-111-300.jpg

1c KLM BAC-111-300.jpg

Continued..........................

Yet another set of your superb repaints Ted. Absolutely lovely and very accurate.

Best wishes.

Khalid

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]215316[/ATTACH]

These two on the lower right corner shouting to the pilot "Terminal building is still under construction, come back after a couple of months!"

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow! I really like the looks of those. Well done! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, Peer, Jans, Kalizzi, lifejogger, David, and Larry, glad you all like them.

Some more info on KLM:

-KLM was led by the legendary Albert Plesman, founder of KLM and CEO for its first 35 years. He made KLM into one of the leading airlines in the world.

-Jakarta was KLM’s first intercontinental destination when, on 24th November 1924, a Fokker F-VII arrived in Jakarta after a 55-day journey. Up until World War II, this was the longest scheduled flight connection in the world.

-Except for the DC-1, KLM operated every single type of Douglas airliner from the DC-2 all the way through to the MD11, including the rare DC-5. The Douglas company must have loved KLM.

-In 1946, KLM was the first European airline to operate flights between Europe and America with DC-4s.