McDonnell Douglas Skyhawk A-4C

Found this freeware download the other day. With some minor tweeks, it is "spot on" as far as flying. I continued my search for something more realistic for looks, but no luck. I do like Jan Kees repaints, but can't seem to find a base model to support any repaints that come along. This will do for now, and it is fun to fly!

2020-1-9_8-26-4-161.jpg

2020-1-9_8-31-4-897.jpg

Rick :cool:

I like your Skyhawk very much :cool::cool: JanKees used a payware fighter for his paints as far as I know: https://secure.simmarket.com/indiafoxtecho-visual-simulations-ta-4-skyhawk-pbr-edition-for-prepar3d-v4.4.phtml

Yes, Jan, most definitely Jan K is producing his repaints with a payware base aircraft, no doubt about it. When one is to look at what is out there, for an older aircraft, you find only a very few complete aircraft, and many many repaints. Don't get me wrong, with what I have shared above, it is a great download, I just would have thought there would be more complete freeware aircraft out there! If you look closely, the glass canopy appears as if there is no plexiglass (just a small thing that looks unfinished)! This Skyhawk is a pleasure to fly and it will be in my hangar for a long time, that is, until something else comes along! :rolleyes: I went thru this with finding an AT-6, that really made me say, "that's the one, got to have it!"

Thanks for commenting Jan, as I do value the feedback you give all of us in your comments!

Rick :cool:

Looking good Rick! Nice find and it does look fun to fly :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Rick . Where did you get the Skyhawk? From the library here . skyhawk.zip

If so how do you install it in your sim/objects -airplane folder? When you unzip the download you only see a bunch of files ,not a folder named Skyhawk or something like that.

So how do you install it?

Hey Sparky - Yes, this site, skyhawk.zip. I went back to see what happened when I downloaded this. Okay, I take it you Extracted the files/folders from the compressed folder, to another temporary folder, I use C:\Temp4, and yes you will see many folders. What you have to do, is to go to the Simobjects\airplanes folder and at the top of the page, click "new folder," and it will pop up as a blank folder. You then have to rename the blank to whatever you choose! I chose for a start Skyhawk. Now, the tedious part, you have to go to the folder where you extracted all those folders/files, and you have to either copy and paste OR cut and paste the files/folder to the folder you named Skyhawk. From there, you should be able to open Skyhawk and see all those folders associated to your download. Clear as mud? You should now have a flyable A-4 Skyhawk!

Good luck - Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66