Pacific City State KPFC Once Around the Pattern

I guess since everyone is talking about the airport I had to try it.

Weather:

Wind 189 at 19 Gusting 30

6 SM vis

1,700 scattered, 3,200 overcast

Actually, should have stayed on the ground :rolleyes:

It's short and narrow

fsscr010.jpg

fsscr011.jpg

The wind was kicking my butt!

fsscr012.jpg

Right hand patter for runway 14

fsscr013.jpg

Fast downwind and base to final

fsscr014.jpg

fsscr015.jpg

Full aileron deflection coming to a stop

fsscr016.jpg

Not a bad weather airport for a 172

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great landing in this bad weather David! :cool::cool::cool: Good to see the Cessna again.

Jan is a talented and well skilled airman, so he would make a perfect landing and would park his precious plane in front of the bar. OK?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well done David. :) Jan will probably mistake the wet runway for a lake or something. ;)

There is a lot of water around the airport. Plenty of opportunities :D

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great landing in this bad weather David! :cool::cool::cool: Good to see the Cessna again.

Jan is a talented and well skilled airman, so he would make a perfect landing and would park his precious plane in front of the bar. OK?

Thanks! Perhaps after a flight like that a Long Island Iced Tea would help?

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great piloting skills in bad weather!

Thanks. The wind was bouncing me all over the place! :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice flying in some nasty looking weather.

Thanks! Fun stuff :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks Great David! I think you did better in the rain than I did on a clear day.:o

Sadly I haven't seen any further adventures. I guess they'll only come out on a very sporadic basis.:(

But I will keep my eyes open.

That whole area of the country, including Oregon as a whole is worth flying through!

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Looks Great David! I think you did better in the rain than I did on a clear day.:o

Sadly I haven't seen any further adventures. I guess they'll only come out on a very sporadic basis.:(

But I will keep my eyes open.

That whole area of the country, including Oregon as a whole is worth flying through!

Michael

Thank you kindly! I need to make more time to explore Oregon. You are right, some really nice country.

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know you're not one to stray from the straight and narrow.

Learning to deal with adverse conditions is what simulation is all about.

You can do it in real life, but it's tough to learn when you don't survive the lesson. -- Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

You can do it in real life, but it's tough to learn when you don't survive the lesson. -- Bob

Oh so true! I fly real weather 99% of the time in the sim. RW is a whole other animal :eek:

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you kindly! I need to make more time to explore Oregon. You are right, some really nice country.

I suggest you check out Crater Lake. It's wonderful and just out there away from everything. I took a night sim flight there and posted in on this site a few months ago.

I was also there RW last year in June and about 2/3s of the National Park was still closed because of extreme snow. I cruised around in my Miata with the top down and the heater on. That's the only way you can see very much driving in a car. And at 9.000'+it's pretty high to even think about flying in and out RW in most choppers.

I agree Bob,

I've down a lot of stunts simming which I wouldn't have walked away from while RW flying!! And yes like many when simming, I almost always use real world weather wherever I'm flying. And I know it's not common this time of the year, but my sim flight into KPFC the other day was based upon weather I'd just downloaded.

Michael

What a lovely set of shot of the 172 David. Raining cats and dogs.

Asus P8Z77-V Premium Mobo w\32GB MSATA Caching SSD On-Board | i7-3770K CPU | 16GB DDR3 1600 | FSX Gold on 1TB boot SSD | P3Dv4 on 512MB SSD | 1TB+2TB WD HDDs | 2 Asus GTX660 2GB Ti Cu cards w\SLI | Win7 Pro 64 | REX Full Catalogue | ORBX FTX Full Catalogue | Saitek Flight Control Pro w\Dual Throttle Quadrants+Pedals | 24"+2x19" HP Monitors | 1000W PSU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I suggest you check out Crater Lake. It's wonderful and just out there away from everything. I took a night sim flight there and posted in on this site a few months ago.

I was also there RW last year in June and about 2/3s of the National Park was still closed because of extreme snow. I cruised around in my Miata with the top down and the heater on. That's the only way you can see very much driving in a car. And at 9.000'+it's pretty high to even think about flying in and out RW in most choppers.

I’ll go take a look!

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice one David. Those kinds of flights can raise your blood pressure. :cool: :cool: :D

Thanks Larry! Even in the sim, the nerves jump a bit :D

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]