RE: Fly with One Pilot Chick?

Rupert

On the home page of FlightSim.com I just saw a link called Fly with That One Pilot Chick. It's complete with RW pictures and routing of a young woman who's working on her ratings.

The poster's idea was to do a series to show where she's flying so we can sim there as well. Considering the first flight at least, is in Oregon, there's some beautiful scenery to see.

I just "flew" the legs she flew using RW weather. Finding the wind and visibility were obviously both different from his RW shots, I asked the original poster if he could post weather conditions with each new flight he posts.

MY POINT IS. I think it'd be fun for some of us, as many as care to, simulate her RW flying and post our screenies here. In that way we'll really have others' points of view of the same route.

BTW: I didn't take any shots on my trial trip because it was obvious the weather was different. So I plan to try it again with similar weather to what they experienced. Then I'll take some shots.

Does that sound like a good idea?

Michael

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Awesome idea! The only problem I have is work and the holidays. When I did my USA 50 state challenge, I had much more time available. Bottom line, If I had the time, it would be fun to do and share the pics!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A good idea Michael, I have often seen threads where someone has asked how to make FS more interesting, this could be one of those things.

I myself am not a very good pilot so my report and screenshots would be how NOT to do it plus a lot of crashed planes.

Col.

Yes, I agree some ideas are better than others.

A couple of years Jan, AKA Peer01, disappeared for awhile and we went searching for him over many waterways of Western Europe. That expedition worked out very well! We never found Jan but several of us drank at bars in various countries on Jan's tab!!! ;):p

Despite our best efforts, Jan showed back up on his own!!:o Something about computer issues. (Doesn't he always have an excuse?) ;)

Michael

Just watched a video showing take offs and landings there. Wow! Nice short, narrow runway. :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, at 1,875' KPFC is a pretty small runway. But remember The Chick is flying a 172 and had a North wind blowing. That and the fact the runway is right out against the ocean with very few tall hazards around makes it a fairly easy approach. Or at least it seemed that way to me in my Mooney.

Had I been in anything bigger, except maybe a Grand Caravan or a C-130, I'd probably have a different story to tell! :o:eek:

Edited by Rupert