JU-46: Helgoland-Sylt (FSX)

peer01

The Junkers 46 (1932) was designed for (pressurized air) launches. It was used with the postal link service across the Atlantic, and two of them were based on the SS Bremen and the SS Europa. They were launched when the ships reached the port at about 750 miles distance, landing their mail some 24 hours ahead of their mother ships. After their Lufthansa service two of them were sold to Brazil. This virtual plane was designed for CFS2, customized for FS9 but doesn't work too well in my FSX. But I like this oldie very much so I gave it a try.

Here's a virtual flight from Helgoland to Sylt, 2 of the German North Sea island. I visited both islands in real life, and they are really amazing!

FSX Gold with Acceleration

Freeware Ju-46

Payware Helgoland scenery (Aerosoft, first version, there's a new version available)

Freeware Sylt scenery

Freeware Drzewiecki grass textures

Freeware HDE-V2 clouds

Freeware new moon textures

Please click on the pics to enlarge:

"parked" on the beach, near Duene Airport (EDXH)

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

The rest of the flight in the reply******

Edited by peer01
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome flight and no mishaps! The king rules! :pilot:

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know some of you envy my amazing flying skills

:):):)

On the other hand, I guess that they used a catapult to launch the plane out from their ship

Gérard Guichard, Dijon, Burgundy, France. i5 Intel processor, 4 Go of Ram, Nvidia GeForce 920MX, DirectX 12.0, and FSX Gold Edition with SP1, SP2. My personal flightsim website is at http://flightlessons.6te.net

David, Larry and Gerard: THANK YOU!! :):):)

David: the planes were launched from the ships by an air-pressurized catapult. It was a big event for the passengers of the ships when the planes were launched. I can imagine! :):pilot:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

David, Larry and Gerard: THANK YOU!! :):):)

David: the planes were launched from the ships by an air-pressurized catapult. It was a big event for the passengers of the ships when the planes were launched. I can imagine! :):pilot:

I’m pretty sure that would be a thrill!

Senior Rookie Bragware: FSX Gold - Acceleration | HP Omen Obelisk Desktop | Intel Core i7 3.2 Ghz |16GB | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 | 1TB HD | 256 GB SSD (Gaming Computer)

REX Worldwide Airports HD

AS16 + ASCA

ORBX Global BASE

ORBX Freeware Airports

ORBX HD Trees

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's great, I like both the aircraft and the scenery, and yes you are an amazing pilot Jan.

Coincidence I'm just working on another float plane, a Beech 18S, I had to tweak it slightly, but it is fine now, the nest step is to put my imagination in to gear for a texture lol.

Col.