Flaps gauge not working properly - help

Prostock

Downloaded the Boeing 787 Dreamliner from Rikoooo. Fly's great. Issue is when Flaps 1 is engaged, the Flaps Dial on Main Panel stays on Off until Flaps 2 is engaged and then it moves to position 3 on the Dial. Although Dial doesn't move, flaps still engage and work as they should. Any idea's if I can open Aircraft.cfg and edit and if so, which line controls this? Thanks

FLAPS GAUGE.jpg

Prostock - Check the flaps section of the aircraft.cfg says. It could show flap-position .1 = 0.00? You can change these values as you see fit such as:

[flaps.0] //Trailing Edge Flaps

type = 1 // 1 - tail, 2 - lead

span-outboard = 0.8 // 0.0 .. 1.0

extending-time = 5 // seconds

flaps-position.0 = 0 // degrees

flaps-position.1 = 1 // degrees

flaps-position.2 = 5 // degrees

flaps-position.3 = 10 // degrees

flaps-position.4 = 15 // degrees

flaps-position.5 = 25 // degrees

flaps-position.6 = 30 // degrees

flaps-position.7 = 40 // degrees

damaging-speed = 250 // KIAS

blowout-speed = 300 // KIAS

lift_scalar = 1.0

drag_scalar = 1.0

pitch_scalar= 1.0

system_type = 1

If it turns out to be more than that, let us know! On most of my Boeings, I use flap settings to give me

1-5-10-15-25-30-40 degree settings. Your gauge indicates degrees, not flap positions. I haven't seen one of these flap gauges not to work (but there is always a first), so it may be something simple like tweaking the flap settings in the aircraft.cfg section?

Good luck!

Rick :cool:

Edited by Downwind66

Thank you Rick - That's what it was. flaps-position.1=0.0,0.000000 so I changed it to flaps-position.1=1.0,0.000000 & it works fine. I'm very familiar with editing the cfg files, I've edited probably over 100 or more. I've just never encountered the flaps dial not working so wasn't sure on where or how to fix it. Thanks for the info. Much Appreciated

Hello All

Although I am an FS9 user I to have a similar problem to Prostock with my Project Airbuses IE select flaps down and a little visual indicator in my panel moves ,but the flaps indicator stays on 0 I have to select again and then the indicator moves to fifeteen degrees

I will take a look my PA aircraft cfgs

Cheers Andy

Hello All

Although I am an FS9 user I to have a similar problem to Prostock with my Project Airbuses IE select flaps down and a little visual indicator in my panel moves ,but the flaps indicator stays on 0 I have to select again and then the indicator moves to fifeteen degrees

I will take a look my PA aircraft cfgs

Cheers Andy

Hey, Socks! I find that the PA airbus flaps section in the aircraft.cfg do not match the deafult A321,

yet they share the same cockpit. Sounds like some changes are needed!;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Hello Zip!

It's getting close to flight time here in the UK, and will take a look at my PA cfgs and see if any alteration can be tried before takeoff time.

By the way iam talking FS9 here ,I know this is an Fsx forum, but the OPs problem and mine seem to be the same ,hence posting here.

By the way my IFDG Airbuses don't have this flap issue so i will take a look at the aircraft flap entries in there cfgs and maybe try them in my PAs.

Cheers Zip

Andy