Thread: Scenery

1. Default Scenery

if I download terrain mesh scenery and install into FSX can I install land class also or will it clash with the terrain mesh

You should be able to do both -- they're two entirely separate functions.

Larry N.

As Skylab would say:
    Remember: Aviation is NOT an exact Science!

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire 1935 View Post
    if I download terrain mesh scenery and install into FSX can I install land class also or will it clash with the terrain mesh
    Mesh is bumps. Landclass is duvet cover.
    Neither clashes with the other...

Mesh is the 3D model of the terrain. Landclass tells the sim what textures to paint on the terrain. Neither will interfere with the other; but a landclass designed for a particular mesh may not display 100% correctly on a different mesh - water appearing up on the shoreline, roads running along the side of a hill, rivers not coinciding with riverbeds, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jgf View Post
    Mesh is the 3D model of the terrain. Landclass tells the sim what textures to paint on the terrain. Neither will interfere with the other; but a landclass designed for a particular mesh may not display 100% correctly on a different mesh - water appearing up on the shoreline, roads running along the side of a hill, rivers not coinciding with riverbeds, etc.
    Alternatively, revised mesh can make sense of otherwise questionable landclass - rocks in the middle of a field can become a rocky outcrop; the green grass in the middle of a built-up area is revealed as a steep slope, that kind of thing...

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire 1935 View Post
    Just a further historic correction: The Spitfire's first flight was early in March 1936, not 1935...