Okay, need help solving a head scratcher!

Downwind66

I hope there might be an easy fix for this, but let's see what others think?

I have 2 - McDonnell Douglas MD aircraft, one is an MD-83, the other an MD-90. Both fly and perform equally well!

On the MD-83, when I select the aircraft, aircraft appears, engines fired up and ready to "rock and roll!"

On the MD-90, when I select the aircraft, aircraft appears, engines are winding down to "0", I am ready to "rock and roll," but that's not happening until I go to the upper control panel, and turn each control to start!

I have compared both aircraft.cfg files with each other to see if I could see anything unique between the two aircraft and nothing stands out. Are these functions something the developer has built into the models?

I am at a loss on this one. :rolleyes: I can continue selecting the start on the MD-90, but I thought somebody out there might have a fix to not to have to do that? Any help will be appreciated!

Rick :cool:

Okay AD and mrzippy - The aircraft that I have to keep manually starting is the Delta MD-90, file name:

dl_md-90.zip

So far, I haven't found the original file for the Jetsgo MD-83, but that aircraft is not a problem. It starts with both engines running. I'll keep looking for the file, just the same.

Thanks guys - Rick :cool:

############# Okay, the Jetsgo MD-83, I found on Flyaway, a FS2004 download by SGA, appears to be the same developer?

file name jetsmd83.zip

Guys - Please don't spend a lot of time figuring this out. I just thought there might be a easy way of disabling the manual startup. I can continue starting it, not a problem.

Edited by Downwind66

Don't know if this will help or not! Try this change in the aircraft.cfg:

[GeneralEngineData]

//0=Piston, 1=Jet, 2=None, 3=Helo-Turbine, 4=Rocket, 5=Turboprop

engine_type = 1

fuel_flow_scalar = 1 //0.640

min_throttle_limit = -0.25 //-0.749878

engine.0 = -38.5, -10, 2.5,

engine.1 = -38.5, 10, 2.5,

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Charlie - I thought you were on to something! I changed it and it didn't work! I'll just keep starting it, I think i have an MD-11 that does the same thing, but I don't fly that one that often. BUT, I am going to look to see if I can maybe find a common denominator between the two?

Thanks Charlie for trying!

A voice from the past, Mr Sparky, I have loading cold, I have sound, and I have an older MD panel that I had from many moons ago. I have used this panel on my MD aircraft and the 2 - DC-9's I have.

But, it's great to hear/see you on here again. Quit being a stranger!

Rick

Thanks Wim, I tried (AD and mrzippy tried) no luck. You pointed me to the panel.cfg. In the panel config, this MD panel uses a upper control panel (from a 737-400) that has a left and right start switch on it. I said, "What hey, let me silence out these switches in the main panel.cfg, and I'll be damn'd it worked! Thanks!!

Spoke too soon, worked on one MD90 and not the other, back to the drawing board!

Edited by Downwind66

Rick, sometimes I have used the aircraft cfg and air file from a similar aircraft on another aircraft that wasn't behaving.

I save the fltsim, contact points, lights and in some cases the weight and balance, remembering to make a backup first.

You may be very close to something by changing the panel as you did before as well.

Col.