WOAI Totally Stumped!!!

dhlair

Hi All,

Probably seen something similar many times before but this just can't be! I've been running FSX ever since it was released and just did a clean install and never had the problem with WOAI as I am now. Used to download WOAI packages, hit the installer and everything came out as should. Never had to use AIFP or convert anything as all I wanted was traffic and not picky about the other stuff. The AI aircraft appear in SimObject and the flightplans for the ai appear in the World Scenery but for the life of it I don't see any flying traffic at all! KMIA for instance, the big AA Hub has tons of ai at the gates but nothing is flying!!! I've tried everything and no luck!!! Even if I don't convert any WOAI plans to FSX I still should see traffic, but nothing. My PC hasn't changed and it worked before but not now. Pleeaassee! Anyone have an idea as to what's going on??? Everything is at the gate! Yanking out hairs with this one. Thanks

Never had to use AIFP....

Do you have AIFP? Try 'Bulk Traffic'>'Find FS9 Traffic Files'

If you find some convert or delete them. AIFP has not to find such files in FSX.

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

Well, don't feel like the "Lone Ranger". I have WOAI traffic, all in FS9 format and at about 5PM Miami time I also had lots of aircraft at the gate and only hear one aircraft request taxi info. I changed to about 8:10PM and had many more around my aircraft, which meant they came in and there were several aircraft circling the airport getting ready to land.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The issue with WOAI traffic is that the flight plans are in FS2004 format and that's why you should use AIFP to convert them to FSX format which renders the flight plans BGL correctly. If you don't do that and have a mixture of FS2004 traffic and FSX traffic then this could be a source of problems.

If you did convert the WOAI plans to FSX format, I'd make sure that was done properly. And also make sure there are no other flight plans in your FSX directory that are in FS2004 format.

I must be missing something then. I open AIFP, check for flight plans in FS2004 format, which are the only ones I have from WOAI, choose them all from the list and then select convert. Am I missing a step somewhere? I have again for the 10th time removed all WOAI packages and will install again. Are there files for those WOAI packages hidden somewhere I haven’t noticed? Any suggestions welcome. Even after converting, I still only see default ai traffic. Thanks

I have had a similar problem with WOAI. I converted the FS9 flightplans with AIFP > no luck. So I found AIFP converted the files but let the original FS9 Flightplans 'live'. After I deleted them by myself the AI-world was OK

happy landings! Christian:pilot:

Intel i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHZ, 4 Kerne, 16 GB

MSI RX 480; M. SATA WD 500 GB;

WD RED PRO 2TB Win 10, 64 bit; FSX Gold Acc.

There are ready-made FSX packages on the WOAI site anyway, there's no need to convert those.

Sent from my KFDOWI using Tapatalk

Tim Wright "The older I get, the better I was..."

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

That's wrong tiger.

The fsx woai packages have fsx textures on the aircraft, but still have fs9-type trafficplans.

Dlhair, you need to delete the fs9 trafficplans. Leave only the converted plans in place.

Edited by il88pp
[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks il88pp, it's been a long time since I installed WOAI! It's well worth checking the aircraft.cfg files with AIFP for errors too, there are quite a few...

Xbox Series X, Asus Prime H510M-K, Intel Core i5-11400F 4.40GHz, 16Gb DDR4 3200, 2TB WD Black NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung SATA SSD

NVidia RTX3060 Ti 8Gb, Logitech Flight Yoke System, CH Pro Pedals, Acer K272HL 27", Windows 11 Home x64

All, thanks for the help! Finally have traffic, problem now is that even though set correctly in FSX settings the flying aircraft don't display Ted designators of type, etc, on the screen, just the strobes and navigation lights. Any suggestions? Thanks

In Settings/Aircraft there should be a checkbox for Show Aircraft Labels.

Have you tried both windowed and full screen display modes? If you're using DX10 preview mode also try unchecking that option. Note that parked AI aircraft won't be labelled until they push back and start their engines.

Edited by tiger1962

Finally have traffic, problem now is that even though set correctly in FSX settings the flying aircraft don't display. Red designators of type, etc, on the screen, just the strobes and navigation lights. Any suggestions? Thanks

Try unchecking “Aircraft cast ground shadows”.

Or leave it, and check at an airport for which you have no addon scenery installed.

Wim

b727fcaptain.jpgx701captain5.jpg

Some time back there was a lot of discussion about WOAI being basically a compilation of pirated software. Has the issue been resolved? Is now determined to be legitimate? If not (and I don't believe it is), why are you using it?..............Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.