FSrealWXPRO install folder

liner simpilot

Being away for awhile, recently I started simming again, I see that the real weather is no longer working. I have read simmers forums about FSrealWXPRO for free download. I downloaded today, but not understanding where to install it too. I would greatly appreciate some help on this task.

Thanks.

Kenny

Free version?? Do you mean FSRealwx lite? I think these are stand alone programs that you simple click on the .exe and let the program install itself. I always have my Sim started and I'm sitting at my departure airport. I then start the weather program and let it communicate with my FSX and set the weather at my airport and surrounding flying area.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

And there's me thinking this was a FS2004 forum, not FSX.

You install FSRealFX to a directory of your choice, not into FS's directory structure. The setup programme will ask you where you want to put it.

I believe that Lite and Pro are one and the same these days and it doesn't cost you a penny.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Thanks Mr Zippy & John for your input. In a recent FS9 forum it was mentioned that get the PRO version yes it is freeware download. I let it download automatically, I guess I should have specified where to install, open FS9 go to weather folder install there? Again thanks, I will wait for a respond from either you both or another simmer.

Kenny

Thanks Mr Zippy & John for your input. In a recent FS9 forum it was mentioned that get the PRO version yes it is freeware download. I let it download automatically, I guess I should have specified where to install, open FS9 go to weather folder install there? Again thanks, I will wait for a respond from either you both or another simmer.

Kenny - it is a while since I downloaded it but when I did so the download was a file named FSrealWXv2_Setup_2040854.zip .

If yours came with that or a similar name (as a zip file) you need to open it.

Inside will be a file named FSrealWXv2_Setup.exe and running that file will install the weather programme. During the installation you can choose where to install it.

Then you will need to start the programme each time you use Flight Simulator.

John

http://www.adventure-unlimited.org

My co-pilot's name is Sid and he's a star!

Thanks John, upon installing it to my FS9 it asked where to install it. it defaults to program files x86. I installed there, when I started that program it gave me an error message see pic. I uninstalled in program x86, it reinstalled in FS9 weather, went to shortcut on desk gave me error see pic. I have installed many things in FS but never have come upon this type of error. I hope you can either help me out or someone can. Many thanks to all simmers.

Kenny

error.png

error inside FS9 weather.png