Diehard FS9 fan tries FSX

Wanna hear about a real yard sale steal?

I went to a yard sale in 2010 and three before my eyes glistening in the sun were a CH Products yoke and pedals. I immediately asked the guy how much he wanted for them. "$25 for both", he said. I was like wow! So I immediately bought them but at the same time had my doubts if they'd even work. I even heard him mutter to his wife, "glad those are gone." So I really thought I bought some lemons. Well, I came home, plugged them in and set my button assignments in FSX and how be damned if they didn't work. No issues thus far that I know of. I've been using them now flaw free for about 9 years.

Now that's a steal! LOL

I went to a yard sale in 2010 and three before my eyes glistening in the sun were a CH Products yoke and pedals. I immediately asked the guy how much he wanted for them. "$25 for both", he said. I was like wow! So I immediately bought them but at the same time had my doubts if they'd even work. I even heard him mutter to his wife, "glad those are gone." So I really thought I bought some lemons. Well, I came home, plugged them in and set my button assignments in FSX and how be damned if they didn't work. No issues thus far that I know of. I've been using them now flaw free for about 9 years.

Now that's a steal! LOL

Similar story here: Found a fairly new Saitek X52 throttle and joystick at a yard sale. Lady said they belonged to her son who was currently in the military and gave her permission to sell.

$30.00 for both. Normally retailed for over $100!

CLX - SET Gaming Desktop - Intel Core i9 10850K - 32GB DDR4 3000GHz Memory - GeForce RTX 3060 Ti - 960GB SSD + 4TB HDD - Windows 11 Home

We call them Boot Sales here in the UK, because the items are sold from the back of a car or van.

I understand Boot is known as Trunk in the US, but presumably you don't call them Trunk Sales or someone might think they are getting a white elephant! :D

I don't recall a truck being called a boot. And 18 wheeler perhaps.

That's because I wrote "Trunk"! :)

I was merely pointing out that UK/US terms for car parts are different.

For example we say bonnet for your hood, and we say bumper for your fender!

LOL, good reply TightGit. In South Africa we call traffic lights "robots"

By the way CRJ_simpilot, I have been using CH Product joystick, pedals and throttle for 15+ years and despite trying many different products over the years (including the much hyped Thrustmaster), I always return to CH Products. I also have brand new ones tucked away somewhere, so that I have an immediate replacement when one eventually wears out. Perhaps my kids will put them on a yard sale one day, and some lucky guy will also get the deal of a lifetime :-)

Edited by rooitou
i5-10600K @ 5.0 GHz, Gigabyte Z490M motherboard, RTX 2080 Super 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Quest 2, Windows 10 64-bit

Hi Folks,

Yeah - I've used CH since Game Port days - while not flashy - they are solid and work well... It's a shame they never ported their Control Manager software to Win10 - still completely usable without it but the software was quite powerful and you could do some sophisticated things with it...

Regards,

Scott

bJQZKiw.png

I always thought fenders were called wings? At least, according to Mike Brewer (Wheeler Dealer);)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Now that's a steal! LOL

I have similar experiences. Maybe someone needs to start a thread on "What are your best 'steals'?" lol.